Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Quarex failed to mention the Gencon 2018...

pre-game-a-palooza
slash
running-of-the-bulls
slash
seperate the adults with drinking problems from the children with drinking problems
slash
what do you mean you ordered 36 shots of fireball
slash
event that has grown beyond my ability to control:

Borne out of my inability to sit at a table with 12-20 goons at a chain restaurant without kicking things into a much stupider gear, we will likely return to the same German restaurant and drink our faces off.

Time: Wednesday, TBD

This was the only aftermath photo of last year's nonsense I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

I went to gencon for the first time in 2016, skipped 2017, and am going this year. I'm considering running a game or two of BSG because it's my favorite game and apparently there was a lot more interest than events for it last year. Am I totally nuts?

if Nemesis of Moles has taught me anything, it's that the only requirement to run an event at gencon is to show up on time and be reasonably sober.

and these both seem like soft requirements.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

Make sure when you try to goonrush an awful sounding game that sounds like it’s going to encourage bad homosexual stereotypes, its not actually being run by a lbgtq-friendly organization trying to run inclusive games in a positive environment

But definitely take a big steaming dump on the NSDM game

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

Man what the gently caress am i gonna do for food if haveli’s is closed that place is like 40% of my meals

I dunno, you might NOT fill our hotel room with curry farts for once. That'd be swell.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

A gremlin in a teemo hat. Last seen exiting onto the 4th floor of the Mariott Courtyard in the JW plaza, where of course, that horrible massacre occured.

This is a bit, we kept seeing this weird short dude all around the convention (he was briefly described to me and i somehow picked him out of a crowd about 10 min later) and then we discovered he was staying in the same hotel as us

We were only aware of him because we shared an elevator with him and he says, totally unprompted:

"Man, some stinky rear end gamers around here."

to which we all kind of chuckle and go "Yeah, that's gencon."

"They need to get some AXE!"

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Does he still get mad if you bother him at GenCon? He had a Tweet long ago that he was at GenCon for games, not meeting people.

I wouldn't know, he blocked me on twitter AND facebook for calling him a petulant manchild.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Double Agent posted:

Don't worry, I've got this covered:

how did you get your camera drunk?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

ffffff I have an all-day Twilight Imperium game scheduled for the 11th. How long does booking take? I booked way late the last (and only) time.

if only you had a magic rectangle that could connect you to the entire sum of human information

but as far as i am aware no such device exists.

- Sent from my iPhone

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Funzo posted:

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks!
On the other hand, thanks to this thread I know to go down a few blocks and hit Cafe Patachou for breakfast.

Do they have pepper? Because

OH MY GOD

THE PEOPLE OF INDIANA

HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A SPICE.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Len posted:

Anyone have any tips of convincing the fiancee into getting a Gencon wedding? I mean I'll already be there, everyone I want to invite will already be there, and who doesn't want an obese man dressed as slave Leia in all the wedding pictures?

I'm changing the location for shot Wednesday

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

Spend less on lewd cosplay photobooks idiot

mudcrab gon break your legs if you keep talking like that

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Okay so hear me out.

From the man who brought you Shot Wednesday, I give you:

Karaoke Thursday.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Dr. Quarex posted:

How about Gen-Con Friday

Genwhat Now?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there anything for a teetotaler goon to do with goons? I went in 2016 and also didn't see any goons and most of what I saw discussed was barhopping with some games involved. Either way I'll be there. You will know me by my No Fun shirt.

I mean aside from some wednesday shenanigans, no one gets *that* drunk...

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Instructions unclear. Purchased 50 lb box of piss-soaked miniatures at auction.

shouting down someone in the charity auction is still one of my favorite memories

"90, 100, 110...120..."

"gently caress it. TWO HUNDRED!""

it's spiteful AND for a good cause, everyone wins! but mostly me!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/mcelroy-brothers-enjoy-15-non-recorded-minutes/

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Dr. Quarex posted:

Thank you for helping me remember to look up Milkshake Duck

I have a work buddy (who is a Goon and I apologize if he sees this) who never shuts up about these dudes and goes to their convention every year... though ... yeah now that I think about it he is just like me in every way except replace Gygax with McElroy

Shot! Heaven! Now!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Radio Free Walrus posted:

Sealed runs can be a lot of fun - I'd definitely make sure someone is a bard though to even out the random equipment.
Much better than randoming into a group with someone who has done it twice already and has enough equipment to solo the dungeon anyways.

The group we rando'ed into the first time told us after the fact that they had done it before and purposely let us figure the puzzles out instead of spoiling them. :shobon:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

They don't allow you to have beeples in here.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

enigmahfc posted:

So Anita Sarkeesian was announced as a guest and the red-pill tears will never stop it seems.

I've been having a wonderful time annoying the neckbeards on facebook.

quote:

"i'm refunding my badge!"

"buddy, you're not an airport, you don't have to announce your departures"

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

quote:

"Do we need someone who blatantly just makes up facts and uses spurious reasoning that has been debunked multiple times? No, we do not." - I agree, we do not, which is why I'm glad they got Anita Sarkeesian rather than someone who does that.

super_slam.jpg

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Go to his booth and see the bees or I will find you.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

So, who wants to do Shot Wednesday (Wednesday night, ???pm - ???pm)

and who'd rather go to the stupid fantasy flight E3 presentation (7pm - 830pm)?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

:siren: Wednesday Chat :siren:

Okay, so unless someone has a good suggestion, I was gonna rally a group and take us to the Rathskeller on Wednesday night, with its open air beer garden area. It's uniquely suited to a shitshow of goons because we don't have to be seated by a host or waited on, we just order at the bar/counter for stuff.

However it is an uber ride away, and due to the 10pm closing time, we'd need to go reasonably early to make a good use of the time.

I am open to other suggestions, and it's not like you need my help to inebriate yourself if you wanna go somewhere else.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Works for me, anyone else want to contribute to the democracy here, or am I just decreeing it?

nesbit37 posted:

You guys are going to drive the Acaeum members nuts. They also have their annual group dinner at the Rathskeller on Wednesday night of Gen Con eve.

In order:
1) Who?
2) gently caress 'em.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

nesbit37 posted:

Lol, they are the big D&D collector's group that pretty much live in the auction. Quarex can probably at least recognize them all if he doesn't know them.

https://www.acaeum.com/

There is no group of people i'd rather be loud, drunk, and annoying adjacent to.

Except you guys. :glomp:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Yeah, they had shots.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Where do YOU like your bones?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Does anyone want one of these games before I dump it in the auction?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Fellis posted:

Hmm all these exotic sounding food options...is there anyplace I can get food with the texture/taste/spiciness of mayonaise in Indy?

Anything at High Velocity labeled "spicy".

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Even the god damned SALSA is bland as hell.

is just red and water

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Like how many generic tickets is that?

Depends on if you want to watch or participate. :haw:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

I’ll bring Spaceteam for shot Wednesday. Perfect table game for drinking and debauchery.

space team is an app though?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Ceebees posted:

PANZER DICE! MADE FROM 100% REAL DEAD PANZERS!!1!

I almost loving bought these.

Well, I almost asked if they were for sale. But the booth was busy.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

there were SO MANY this year

and some were just outside on the concrete!