Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Funzo posted:

Have they announced when the event catalog is coming out?

Event reg. ends on May 6th, so after that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
How the hell are you spending $20 each on breakfast each morning? And you can get way cheaper lunches. Dinner, too, honestly, but I can see splurging because it's vacation.
Or are those estimates for the 2 of you? if so, okay, that sounds about right.

My first Gen Con was last year, and I never even looked at the giant book of events, just went on my phone for events (that I had not already got tickets for) or wandered around and found fun poo poo to do. The book was more of a hassle then anything.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah those are the totals for both of us. The room service seems pretty expensive so I don't know how much of that we'll do.

Don't do room service. At All. There are restaurants within walking distance of the con, the food trucks, and there are some places to grab food like Wal-Greens and groceries.

nesbit37 posted:

The game is a worker placement and resource management game about bees where you have to survive for 1 year as a wild bee hive. It takes about 30 minutes a player, for 1 to 4 players, and I am going to be making some better prototype copies via the Game Crafter in the next month or two. I am happy to talk more about it here but I also don't want to gum up the Gen Con thread about it. That said, I do have a booth at Gen Con for this game so I'll probably talk more about it as a result of that as we get closer. I figure you all would like to hear about the hectic experiences of a first year exhibitor at Gen Con.

Also, we are doing a pin for Gen Con's copy of Pinny Arcade this year. We're getting 250 of these things to sell so I hope people buy them. Here is the current rendition by my graphic designer, let me know what you all think. Its carrying an orange cube because orange cubes represent pollen in the game.

I'm a sucker for games with odd themes or themes that haven't been hosed into the ground (no more zombies, space, or Cthulu ever again, thanks), so I will be checking this out.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I got one event out of the like 12 I had wish listed, but they were all board game demo's that had like 4-6 spots open and I was trying to connect at a Kroger while grocery shopping. I ain;t too bummed, because there will still be a lot of board gaming going on, but I really wanted to try Dinosaur Island.

Also, I'm still waiting to see what games will be released at Gen Con, other than X-Wing 2.0

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
My hotel is out by the airport, so I got parking from Spothero. Worked well last year.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

nesbit37 posted:

Yay, I have box art! My illustrator turned this in recently and my graphic designer had a quick turn around on it. This is the game I have the booth at Gen Con for and the one we are going to have a pin for. What do you think?

There iare no spaceships, zombies, or Cthulhu on it so PASS!

Actually, that looks pretty loving sweet.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So Anita Sarkeesian was announced as a guest and the red-pill tears will never stop it seems.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Deviant posted:

I've been having a wonderful time annoying the neckbeards on facebook.

Hahah that was you? I'm the one that replied right after with the resignation comment.

Also this response triggered the gently caress out of this person and they started harassing me through direct message.

"“Unless they also begin inviting an MRA gamer or something to counter her, they're biased now and have put politics into their convention.”
So unless they invite people who are known to be hateful and misogynistic, they should not invite someone who is known to have opinions against hateful and misogynistic ideas….got it."

I just started replying with Mike Pence gifs, and they eventually stopped.

enigmahfc fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 31, 2018

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Why invite Big Bird?
I have been puzzling over the decision to invite Big Bird as a guest of honor. Do they have a hand in designing a game that I am unaware of? Do they have industry experience with tabletop gaming? Right now all I can think of is they have "star power" but I would hope the reason for making her the guest of honor goes beyond that. Could someone with more experience with her work than me please explain why Big Bird is the Guest of honor?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Slimy Hog posted:

I stand by my statement :colbert:

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Every person that cancels their badge because of Anita lowers my chances of gaming with someone who would cancel their badge because of Anita. I am fine with that.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Bottom Liner posted:

Hey we're getting close! Time for me to start planning my weekend and set up some goon games. Here's what I'm looking to bring and play, as we get closer and I can gauge interest I'll compile an actual schedule. Quote this or message me on Groupme if you're interested.

Food Chain Magnate (4p)

Dominant Species (4-6p)

Keyflower (4-5p)

Gaia Project (4p)

Import/Export (3-5p)

I am down like gently caress for these. Only ever played Dominant Species like 3 years ago, but i'm also a quick learner. And that's what life is all about.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I think that new Transformers card game is going to be there, and I will at least play it because I am super dumb.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This makes me wish I could get up there Wednesday, now.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This talk of pieces of bones in food is pretty drat gross.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Where do YOU like your bones?

Must resist mom joke.....

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

djfooboo posted:

Oh poo poo, my wife may be getting induced during GenCon :cry:

First they have women guests and panels about gender in gaming and now THIS?!?! #NotMyGencon

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

OgreNoah posted:

My copy of Root just arrived on Friday and I'm bringing it, super excited to play it!

I'm super wanting to play that, if you end up needing someone to fill a spot

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Dr. Doji Suave posted:

Any Goons driving today this week to Indy watch for potholes on the interstates the closer you get to Indianapolis. It’s been a huge issue lately and if you hit one you’ll audibly apologize to your now airborne car.

I-65 between Louisville and Indianapolis has been in a state of constant repair since like, 2015.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I’ve been in will call for like 10 minutes and I’m almost to the front already. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
At least that one dude chose to pass out in a chair instead of the gross-rear end carpeted floor. It's almost normal looking.