Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'm so loving excited, 7 months out!
I'm going to take a half day on Wednesday this year so I can arrive not at midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

ffffff I have an all-day Twilight Imperium game scheduled for the 11th. How long does booking take? I booked way late the last (and only) time.

Um, just take a break? Twilight Imperium will sit there, it won't explode if you stop paying attention.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

How is Lyft's presence in Indy? I used Uber last time but hate supporting them.
I used Lyft once last year, seemed fine.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Oh hey! This thread exists.

I'm mad excited for my first Gencon, where I'll be participating in things such as 13th Age, 13th Age in Glorantha, 13th Age seminars, and probably other things too.

We've been playing a 13th Age campaign for about 2 years (with about a year of downtime in there due to members quitting/having jobs/etc) and I really like it. Been playing a gnome Wizard, getting up to gnomish things.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I know it's a bit over 2 months out, but I'm so loving excited already. And I have Origins to go to before this!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

If you haven't gotten your 4-day ticket yet, they only have 10% of their total allotment left. Probably time to do so.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I mostly play Pathfinder and browse the dealer hall now, but I just went to Origins and my favorite standout thing is the Indies on Demand room, where they do Indie RPGs all the time. It's a ton of fun and you can get in on some really interesting 4 hour games. My friend and I got to play Dogs inthe Vineyard where you essentially play Mormon wandering sheriffs in a post- Civil War Utah with supernatural occurrences, it was so much fun.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

Root is going to be the big one I think. It's loving great too. For small cheap games though Arboretum's reprint is going to be really popular, and it's also very good.

My copy of Root just arrived on Friday and I'm bringing it, super excited to play it!

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Regarding Root, is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTN1mLAHySs the best current playthrough video? We played one game on the fly, but I want to make sure I'm doing things right. It was a lot of fun but the Eyrie ran away with the game pretty easily it seemed.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Carteret posted:

Things I've learned: warriors don't score points, only cardboard tokens and buildings do. You can attack sympathy tokens. Alliance start with 3 supporters.

That's something we did wrong. We thought every time someone removed a warrior from the map, that was a VP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Texibus posted:

How about timing of playing cards in root? I can't recall the exact names but they are both used in battle, one causes you to negate all attack damage from dice and one adds an extra hit.

When do you need to declare when you are using these type of cards? Like can the attacker wait to play his card after the defender declares or vice versa.

If you mean Ambush, it is played by the defender when they are attacked, and the attacker can respond with their own ambush to negate it.