Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Gencon is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Just a quick reminder about the housing lottery deadlines coming up:

https://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=2f77d2f8c77398c0b064223ba&id=477fc110ba

Keep in mind that it's one timeslot per account:

quote:

Important Note: Access times are linked to badge purchaser's accounts. If an attendee purchases three badges, they alone will gain access to the Housing Portal for those three badges. To repeat, only badge purchasers will have Housing Portal access. Badges are available now at gencon.com, and if you would like to participate in Gen Con 2018 Housing Registration, you will need a valid badge (4-day, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Trade Day, or Press).

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Clanpot Shake posted:

ffffff I have an all-day Twilight Imperium game scheduled for the 11th. How long does booking take? I booked way late the last (and only) time.

I'd estimate 5-15 minutes. You'll get an email on Saturday that'll tell you the exact time you need to log on Sunday.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

There's India Garden, which is maybe twice as far as Haveli's was. And a placed called Spice Box in the City Market.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

edit: what the hell, this isn't the thread I was trying to reply to.

Haystack fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Mar 18, 2018

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

That's adorable. I'll definitely pick one of those up.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

SirPhoebos posted:

Oh nice I really hope to-

(looks up event)

$34 for a ticket?!? :psyduck: I hope that's a typo

Man's got a baby to feed :colbert:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I may have gone slightly overboard in planning out my wishlist. Color coded excel sheets were involved :spergin:

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Funny, I've always liked getting random pins and sticking them on my messenger bag. I didn't realize that it had become a fad.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Hey, if anyone is looking for a hotel room, I just canceled our backup reservation with Crowne Plaza (I managed to get a room in the vendor block, of all things). It's not part of the normal housing block, so it's eyewateringly expensive, but if you need a room it's there.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

🚧 GENCON FREEWAY CLOSURE WARNING! 🚧

https://www.in.gov/indot/3687.htm

A large chunk of I-65 about 1 mile north of the convention center is currently completely closed for renovations and is estimated to remain closed for the entirety of GenCon.

AIRPORT: No problem! Nothing between the convention center and the airport should be closed. You should see no issues if you are coming in from that direction.

CHICAGO: If you are driving down from Chicago, or staying on the north west side of town there will most likely be big detours and probably delays.

FORT WAYNE, ETC: Those coming from Fort Wayne down 69 may need to take a minor detour at the very end, but should be fine. South and east side travelers should also see little to no disruption.

Safe Travels!

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Slandible posted:

Does anyone have any other suggestions for Indian food now that Haveli is dead?

There's India Garden, which is about twice as far as Haveli's was. And a placed called Spice Box in the City Market. Haven't tried either, but they're probably decent.

WerrWaaa posted:

Other than BEES! (obviously) what games are y'all looking forward to at GC2018?

https://twitter.com/Chaosium_Inc/status/1022344931761905664

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

RE SHOT WEDNESDAY: I think that Punch Bowl Social was being considered as an option last year. I've never been in it, but it's closer to the convention center and open till 12, at the least.

Sadly, I will probably be missing most of SHOT WEDNESDAY because of other obligations. Less sadly, that other obligation is attending the Diana Jones Awards with the Chaosium crew (!!!)

Edit: Looks like Punch Bowl Social is on the expensive side, though

Haystack fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 26, 2018

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Just form a circle around them and play 4e at them.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Haystack posted:

🚧 GENCON FREEWAY CLOSURE WARNING! 🚧

https://www.in.gov/indot/3687.htm

A large chunk of I-65 about 1 mile north of the convention center is currently completely closed for renovations and is estimated to remain closed for the entirety of GenCon.

AIRPORT: No problem! Nothing between the convention center and the airport should be closed. You should see no issues if you are coming in from that direction.

CHICAGO: If you are driving down from Chicago, or staying on the north west side of town there will most likely be big detours and probably delays.

FORT WAYNE, ETC: Those coming from Fort Wayne down 69 may need to take a minor detour at the very end, but should be fine. South and east side travelers should also see little to no disruption.

Safe Travels!

Just a reminder.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Avenging Dentist posted:

I know people have mentioned lots of good food places, but are there any recommendations for some that are at least reasonably healthy? I'm sure I'll eat plenty of sugary, fried stuff too, but it'd be nice to have some options for when I don't want to punish my stomach.

Cafe Patachou is solid for breakfast and lunch.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

There's also a really good little Moroccan restaurant, Saffron Cafe, juuust out of comfortable walking distance from the con.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

8one6 posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for new RPGs to pick up this year?

Runequest