Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Carteret posted:

The general rule if gencon: if it's dark out, and you have no phone access, bet on goons being in the High Velocity at the JW.

This is probably a little more accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

LuiCypher posted:

Maybe I will even bring the oft-threatened Malort (even at great risk to my personal health/life at the hands of EgoTrip)!
Don't worry, I've got this covered:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Deviant posted:

how did you get your camera drunk?
That's the magic of Malort.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Mine is at 4:59, which is a 5 1/2 hour improvement from last year, but yeah.....

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Lawen posted:

I got 2:42p and the buddy I room with got 10:32p, but a friend of ours who stays with family got a 2:09p slot. I'm going to ask him to try to grab us a room on his account. Are there any drawbacks to doing that? Would I be better off just waiting for my time slot 30 mins later for some reason?

I read the FAQ and the posts above but want to make sure I have this right:
I give him my credit card info, he uses it to book the room, then sets me as the primary guest?
That is, the room is bound to his account, but not bound to him and he can list anyone as the primary room occupant?

Pretty sure that's how it works but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last year the downtown rooms were gone by 2:30, if I'm remembering correctly.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Funzo posted:

Does anyone happen to know if the Springhill suites has skywalk access? It looks like it might connect to the JW, which I think does have it. Just curious.

It doesn't have direct skywalk access. You have to go through the JW to get to it.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

So, I did get a room near the airport, about 7 miles out. The same one we had a reservation for last year before I grabbed something else out of the block. That room last year was the closest available at 3:30. My time this year was 5:00. So it does look like something is causing a slightly lower demand, whether it be the new policy on transfers or the fact that it's not the 50th or something else entirely.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Funzo posted:

Have they announced when the event catalog is coming out?

Well, I haven't seen an official date, but event reg starts on May 6. They usually have the catalog out a couple of weeks before, so it should be fairly soon.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Dr. Gargunza posted:

What's wrong with karaoke? I'd be down for that. I've got a song in my heart that I'm not real sure on the lyrics or melody and I've just gotta let it out!

We don't have a date for the events schedule, do we? One of my goals for this year is to do a lot more playtesting (mostly RPG's, assuming people are running the new Star Wars and Star Trek games), but I'd like to get into some discussion groups on design and the like if anything catches my fancy. And I'd actually prefer to schedule this stuff in advance for once in my life.

The event list is coming out April 22, event registration is May 6.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

fordan posted:

Not emptyquoting.

(Although I might be convinced to show up to watch. Still, this is bar game time you're taking away from.)

Yeah, those seats at High Velocity aren't going to fill themselves.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm staying at the JW this year. Where are these ballrooms?

We usually leave the convention hall early to try to stake out a spot at the lounge but if there are ballrooms I'd imagine those are somewhat quieter.

The ballroom that we were in last year was on the 2nd floor down the hallway near the Starbucks (to the left as you face it). It was either the first or second set of doors, can't remember which.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Event listing is up.

https://www.gencon.com/event_finder

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

I thought tickets sold out quickly?

To the best of my knowledge, the con is not sold out as of yet. They have said it is on pace to sell out again this year, but I don't think it has done so. Hotel space is a different matter though.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

At this point I'm sure it's a given, but I will be bringing Fiasco for some goon shenanigans.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Deviant posted:

So, who wants to do Shot Wednesday (Wednesday night, ???pm - ???pm)

and who'd rather go to the stupid fantasy flight E3 presentation (7pm - 830pm)?

So, we're still planning on having Shot Wednesday at the Rathskeller, right?

Moriatti posted:

I'm doing a LARP wednesday 7-11, no way to get some shots early, huh?

If you ask on GroupMe, there's a good chance you'll get some takers on that.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Shots were definitely had at the Rathskeller.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

the Ted Cruz Antifa Super Soldier Face-Off/Manchurian Candidate twist was pretty loving outstanding stuff

Its probably the only time that Jeb! Bush? has accomplished anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

TheHoosier posted:

True to form, goons ruin everything by getting Hitler elected. Twice.

See you all next year :love:

Goons ruin everything. Also, it was three times. In a row.