Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Posting here just to say that I loving hate that drifting has now infested all of the racing games that I love. Drift Zone Score: 0. gently caress you.

Anyway, I need to renew my gold subscription so I can play with some of you clowns. XBL tag is Boaz MacPherson. I'm already in GRRC in FH3 but I'm not above jumping ship for an AI group if we make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Elmnt80 posted:

Gold starred all the drift zones in the main game and got top 10 in grrc on a couple of the more difficult ones. Seriously, 22B it up and 4 wheel drift that poo poo. Drifting is fun!

Just go into a private online freeroam to get rid of driveatars. Makes drift zones and speed zones so much easier.

You got the wick turned up on that 22B at all or just run As-Purchased?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Mad Dragon posted:

FH3 Forzathon is giving away a Ford GT Horizon Edition. The bad news is you need to buy a 3million spacebucks Ford GT40. The good news is that you get to own a Ford GT40. :haw:

Yeah, I need to build some funds. I keep getting dicked with 5k prizes on the spins. I've got the 2 other prizes, though. Got the Warthog from the last 'thon, too.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

T1g4h posted:

Just wait. You'll wind up getting some absolute jewels as you go.

:haw:

Actually, I did end up turning it into an A800 AWD rally car, and it's hilarious because of how zippy it is.

By the way, :siren: FORZATHON ENDS THE 9TH. One of the prizes is a Boss 302 Horizon Edition, all you have to do to get it is win a single race in a Ford :siren:

Keeping up with the Forzathons between FH3 and FM7 is a pain, but I do like how easy some of the challenges are. I've gone back to FM so I guess I need fire Horizon back up.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Thief posted:

they're basically just timed achievements and if you do the tasks you get a reward wbich is usually a rare-ish car

Expanding a bit: FH3 is usually cars, money, or spins. Sometimes they'll run sales on certain car classes, too (off-road, classic muscle, etc.) They're not currently running any sales so that's probably what you're looking at. If you check it from the regular pause menu while you're driving, you should see the 'goals' or 'achievements' there.

In FM7 it's usually cars or driver suits. Apparently I need to do a little drifting to get the Stratos. Anybody know how to bring up the drift point counter in FM7?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Thief posted:

setup a free race and under the gamemode just cycle over past circuit race and drag and all that and eventually you should see a drift option

set it to like 2 or 3 minutes or whatever a slow lap takes

drifting zones are usually in or near where the braking assist line shows up

spinning out, collisions and going off the track cancel your score for that current drift/combo. you can cheese more points by chaining drifts together to keep the combo active but forzathon is generally forgiving and will only require you to properly drift like 1/3rd of the turns on a track - if that

Right on, thanks. I think the goal is 10k points on a lap.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Got the Stratos! Took the Gymkhana around Bernie's to get the drift points. I still suck at drifting but I think I'm getting better. I can't not counter-steer into it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My son has been hooked on Medal of Honor games lately, which is a bit violent for his age, but it has been a great history lesson for him because now he's got tons of questions about WWII and he's learning a lot about it so I'm cool with him shooting Nazis :v:

That's a classic conversation. Bunch of adolescent boys hanging out playing video games when a dad comes in to check on them.

"What are you boys up to in here?"
'Killin' nazis.'
"Well alright. Keep it up."

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

I had the classical station on for a while. The DJ's affected befuddlement towards all things "Horizon Festival" is amusing. It's also great when "Ride of the Valkyries" or "Also Sprach Zarathustra" comes on while your doing epic stuff.

I did the Forzathon truck stuff with my 900 HP Holden FX truck. Seriously thought about buying the van, though. I also could have used my hot-rodded Syclone, or the Maloo I chose the first time they gave you a car.

Syclone did it for me. Still got hosed on the prize spins though :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

I've gotten credits something like 90% or better. I think I've won 3 or 4 cars so far, and I'm about 30% through the game. Maybe 30 spins? Haven't really kept track.

I just want cars and I keep getting dinged with the 5k credits on the wheel. Gee, thanks.

• Locked thread