Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
It's a little disappointing to see the thread for this show no more active than this. We've only had two episodes so far, but they have been superb. The Cunanan murders are, not unlike OJ's trial, some of the most fascinating crimes in modern American history, and this show's going above and beyond, I think. There's so many angles to cover, but they've been doing a good job at making it look effortless.

Someone else mentioned it, but that Easy Lover scene from last night's episode was some chilling poo poo.

For anyone looking for more reading on the case without having to look into the novel that the writers used for source material, here's a really good piece by the same author. It was sort of a precursor to Vulgar Favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Sand Monster posted:

I think it has to be that, unlike OJ and that corresponding series, Cunanan / Versace just aren't that well known and maybe didn't resonate with the populace when the crime happened. I had no idea that Cunanan was a serial killer until I started watching this series.

That's what I was thinking, too, but it's still a bummer that that's the case. "Didn't resonate with the populace when the crime happened" is a good way of putting it, but the less polite phrasing would be "no one cared because of the gay," which this show is doing a great job at portraying.

Edit: Was just re-watching episode one with my sister, and when the Metro-Dade police bust into Andrew's Normandy Plaza room (as seen in ep. 2), they find a dazed Ronnie in bed, who answers "no" when asked if he knows the man on the flier (Cunanan). I thought that was a really good touch, given the exchange in episode two.

I also like how the title to the second episode, "Manhunt," clearly has less to do with the police's search for Andrew than it does Andrew's search for Gianni and others (such as poor Beachgoer--what IMDb credited him as).

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 26, 2018

• Locked thread