Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
The casting for the series so far seems to be amazing. And it really catches the 90s-isms of the time in a not-cheesy way.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've said it in other threads but I wasn't really aware this whole story was happening in the 90s. Part of that may be due to me being a kid at the time, part of it may have been a regional disconnect. Who knows. I just know that this is my first real exposure to how all this went down. I've known for years that Versace is one of the big names in high fashion, but I never really knew why or anything about the man behind the brand or his family or anything. I also had no idea Cunanan killed several other people, too.

Sounds like you and I are about the same age! The only reason why I knew about this growing up was because I grew up in a mostly Filipino household. Filipinos have this really perverse way of getting excited whenever a Filipino person becomes semi-famous. Even if it's for something terrible.

"Ohhh Andrew Cunanan is Pilipino did you knowww?"

Weird culture, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Regy Rusty posted:

Every episode now I'm like there's no way they no most of this poo poo the Wikipedia article said nothing about it. But then afterwards I read up on it and it turns out that there is indeed evidence for most of what they claimed happened. It's just it was never officially acknowledged and was denied by the family. It's absolutely fascinating that probably because there was no trial at the end, so much of why this happened is not officially recognized.
Yeah, the Wiki for Lee Miglin is weirdly-empty. As if there's a regular effort to keep it "clean" of all of the homosexual allegations, which is very odd considering the Miglin family's extreme wealth. The entire article is practically a footnote. :tinfoil:

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also man, were the 90s a terrible time for cars or what? That Lexus was supposed to be a luxury car?
Yes, the 90s was an awful time for car design. We were barely out of the boxy, utilitarian car designs that dominated the '80s. Even base model cars of today put on a better illusion of "luxury" than the luxury cars of the 1990s since every car manufacturer wants to make their cheapest car feel like a luxury ride even if it isn't.

• Locked thread