Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm getting this, i beat all the missions in the beta and i was really impressed with it. it feels like an actual good multiplayer game, i'm excited to branch out to some new weapons. so far i've only done dual blades and iglaive. can't wait to hunt w/ y'all.

also seems like fashion is way more malleable and customizable with dyes and transmogs and stuff. and palicos get little inflatable boats when you're in the water

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

do people still play on ps4? i kinda wanna play this again but don't feel like buying it a second time until i have a second impetus to waste thousands of dollars on incremental upgrades to my desktop

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

goferchan posted:

All the PC posts make me want to do so OP. I'm in very early high rank and just sorta stalled out because i didn't like playing solo or with randoms (it's cool that's an option but it's kind of a bummer when HR99 people join and you basically just skip the fight because they kill poo poo so quick) and couldn't convince any of my friends to pick it up -- idk if we're close to each other progression-wise but i'll play w you, psn is mattnotgeorge

i'm somewhere in the same range i think, I sent you a friend request from thereisnoyhwh

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

actually i just bought it on PC instead since money has no value to me

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i dont regret buying this twice because it runs so much better on my computer and also theres a lot of content i ignored the first time around. i'm doing everything as heavy bowgun right now, its challenging, but makes me feel powerful when i properly dodge and unload a hot stream on a mon, just beat odogaron in the story and looking forward to gaming Amongst friends soon

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I’ve hit the point of tracking ??? prints in the early high rank. Do we have an imp zone hunting crew, or any interested parties that would want to join me in an hour or two?

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

I’m currently Gaming

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

In Training posted:

Are we steam friends? I cna hop on now.

I'm not sure but this is me

https://steamcommunity.com/id/thereisnoyhwh/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i never played any of the monster hunter series before and picked up mhw a few weeks ago.

i have a lot of hours in it at this point, even though i dont really know what im supposed to do.

im at the rotten vale, and so far i've only used 2 weapon types so far: the charge blade and the great blade.

love it when the egg carrying idiot bird walks into my traps i have set up for an anjanath

are any of the other weapons any good? should i be blocking, ever? i just roll dodge everything and cut their tails off.

insect glaive is fun because you get to jump around in the air for like 40 seconds at a time; hammer is really simple and elegant smashing and crunching parts of the enemy, and it can launch allies to mount enemies, and its good at getting KO damage to stun the monster; heavy bowgun is like having a railgun and a sticky grenade launcher, and a poison dart and a healgun all in one and requires some positional strategy and is cool, i'm sure theres some other cool things. blocking is ok, but only beneficial in a few cases, dodging owns and you can make your dodges cover more distance and have a longer invulnerability period with equipment if thats your thing