Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I had to stop playing because my thumb hurt. I hope I didn't just give myself a blister.

I'm not great at stuff like this -- SMB was way beyond me, f'r'ex. I really enjoyed Knytt Underground, though, and was hoping that Celeste would be more like that, a series of challenges that might take a while to overcome but aren't beyond the limits of my skill. So far, it's exactly like that. "Just breathe, you can do this" is very apt.

Tomorrow, maybe, thumb permitting: on to Chapter 3!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

ShadeofBlue posted:

I had over 600 deaths on chapter 3 (the regular side, not the b side). And I thought I was pretty decent at platformers considering I got all 20 trinkets in VVVVVV, playing on my iPhone. So don’t worry about it :).

I played a bit at lunch, from just before the ending sequence of 3 to some point during the, well, boss fight? I guess? When I loaded my game, I had 552 deaths; after saving I checked and it stood at 776. 225 deaths, basically, in half an hour.

This is one of those games where I'm not sure why it's fun and not just loving maddening. I think it's because just about every time I die, it's clear that I died because of something I didn't do right, and not due to the game being janky or unfair in any way.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Yes, I know I am Bad at Video Games. I mean, I'm at something over 850 deaths, and I just made it to 4.

Still, I'm kind of proud of this.

https://twitter.com/rdominick/status/959838444548603904

Got through the rest of 3 with only a dozen more deaths or so.

atholbrose fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 3, 2018