Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

EvanTH posted:

nah he's right those parents always come off like they're trying to get into an exclusive cult

I think that would be a really satisfying assault charge. And I don't think the local DA would really push for much punishment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This might end up being something. Apparently the Notre Dame AD advised USA gymnastics.

quote:

Two former USA Gymnastics presidents have cited a longtime power player in Indiana sports as one of the key people involved in advising USA Gymnastics on policies related to sexual abuse: Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick.

In an interview with IndyStar, Mike Jacki, USA Gymnastics president from 1983 to 1994, said Swarbrick discouraged the organization from distributing a booklet on child abuse to its members.

And former President Steve Penny, who served from 2005 to 2017, cited Swarbrick as the organization's legal counsel in a 2015 deposition and said sexual abuse issues were "managed by our attorney." Ultimately, however, USA Gymnastics' board is responsible for setting policy.

I am also glad the guy punched Nassar and hope Nassar gets shived in prison.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The NCAA and schools would have cared if it was students getting free tattoos.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I mean this wasn't a serious matter like having lunch with Deion Sanders.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

DJExile posted:

Sparty very likely has some manner of liability insurance at the school for legal settlements like these, so that's going to defray at least some costs. It'll also depend on how the settlements pay out, but yeah there's basically no way this doesn't raise tuition to some degree

Can't the insurance companies fight that? If I remember correctly, the insurer at Penn State had a legal battle with the school over paying out claims.

Edit: Beaten

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

There will be some eye rolling hashtag too like #MSUcares

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

What a bunch of disgusting human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

elentar posted:

Engler is such a belligerently stupid rear end in a top hat.
https://twitter.com/brown_e_points/status/998577935543128064

I hope this guy gets hit by a bus.

The reason you're paying is because your school was warned about this guy many times and ignored it. Also the reason you reaches a settlement is because you didn't want years of this poo poo coming out at a trial. It was a way of protecting the school.