Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AsInHowe posted:

Michigan State football players had a competition system for their gangrapes.

wait what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
is it ok for moms to punch nassar

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GobiasIndustries posted:

not a whole lot of public updates recently but just saw this zoom into my twitter feed.

:(
https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/978630778262360064

also for compiling nude student "selfies" on his work computer, in the first charges to spring from an investigation into how complaints against the disgraced former sports doctor were handled.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

how was him having a video of nassar committing rape not the lead here

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

332 victims. they got off cheap. Also, this doesn't absolve the Karolyis, US Olympics team, etc

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DJExile posted:

I don't recall if any of Nassar's victims were current MSU students at the time, I don't think they were. If that's the case then I doubt the NCAA had any jurisdiction here. It's a horrible crime, without question, but it's not an NCAA issue if that's the case.

A ton of them were including people from other sports teams who got referred over. Since the AD and president were involved in the enabling and cover-up , and thus the university as a whole, MSU should have at the very least had post season bans from all NCAA sanctioned tournaments. NCAA threatened such a ban for schools with mascots that weren't tolerable and this is a hell of a lot worse

Penn State, Michigan State , Baylor off the top of my head should all have very long bans for all sports. Grant immediate transfer waivers to all athletes if they want to do that.
Then let other authorities handle the rest , who will probably do more once the institutional reputation is severely diminished

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Why not both