Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I am going to essentially say a short version of what I said in another thread: in college athletics there is no one who gets promoted or gets a bonus for busting corruption/scandal/sex abuse. Worse, pretty much every single whistle blower has had to pay a steep price for it, even when they were proven right. The system rewards ghouls who cover things up and provide plausible deniability for the big names. In the Antonio Callaway case, not only was the guy who suspended him fired (with 3 or 4 different reasons used), but they also forced his superior who wrote him a positive letter of recommendation to resign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I'd say that it is a pretty bad take to blame this on osteopathic medicine.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

swickles posted:

You know it wasn't exclusively Olympic caliber athletes he was assaulting?

And it wasn't even just gymnasts. One of the people mentioned in the stories as covering up for him was a trainer for the softball team, for example.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Niwrad posted:

This might end up being something. Apparently the Notre Dame AD advised USA gymnastics.

I am also glad the guy punched Nassar and hope Nassar gets shived in prison.

Notre Dame is pretty good at covering up sexual assault allegations.

https://deadspin.com/5897809/this-is-what-happens-when-you-accuse-a-notre-dame-football-player-of-sexually-assaulting-you