Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Team 18 is Team Stacy X.

Edit: Stacy X (real name Miranda Leevald) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. She is a mutant prostitute who was briefly affiliated with the X-Men and was later known as a member of the New Warriors.

Hell yeah lets go team Sex Worker no shaming our team! I'm trying to stay positive about my team name despite the fact that there are so so so many cooler X-men! Also this is going to make my women's Royal Rumble number a bit awkward now, wooo!

Jerusalem posted:

She was a mean women who was aggressive because unlike the other mutants she wasn't some amazing supermodel with really useful/fancy powers, and she hated them because they were the acceptable "face" of being a mutant and could also easily hide their powers/fit in if they felt like it, while she was stuck living in the sewers and would be attacked on sight.

They literally did a storyline where they put her into a machine that made her pretty, and she became really nice and friendly and apologized for being so mean in the past :sigh:

Lord knows the x-men have gone to this well tons of times, but I never get tired of mutant characters having to deal with their powers making them super ugly, having severe downsides, etc. whether they're heroes or villains. It's always fun to explore when most x-men are hot people in sexy outfits and then they have to deal with someone whose power is being a constant puddle of green ooze or whatever.

I feel like we're due for a comic storyline/event that digs deep into this territory again.

Edit: gently caress Team Longshot is the best goddamn name for a Roulette team I've ever seen, my disappointment has doubled. I hope #25 gets Roman for extra irony.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
SaltheBard's breaking Austin's record next year, calling it now. He'll always have an asterisk to that though since Austin could only win one Rumble a year and now Sal can win two.

• Locked thread