Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir

What's the process for someone to formally diagnosed with autism?

Sig by Heather Papps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

What has helped me in the past is to make "sacred areas" in my home where no computational interfaces are allowed. I spent six months sleeping in a "dumb room" every night with my phone out in the hall on a little shelf, and it felt pretty good (and the few ladies I had over did not mind, in fact they appreciated it)

BoldFrankensteinMir

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Hey thank you for talking about this. I’m
finally getting help to be assessed soon for possible autism because it’s screwing up my work. I’m older and am realizing deep down I had a lot of shame about it I’m finally letting go of.

Shame issues are really rough, and self-reinforcing. Letting go is very hard, but it can be done (I've heard). Good luck!

Sig by Heather Papps

BoldFrankensteinMir

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I'm watching the Please Stand By with my autism Discord. It is fun.

I read this as you watching "Stand By Me" and was like "oh cool, that's one of the dollar babies along with Shawshank, right?"

Dakota Fanning in Oscar-bait, gotcha. I am old.

Sig by Heather Papps

• Locked thread