Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Takeovers are great but seriously why get network when it's all on hulu.

That's fine too I'm literally just saying that the Network is a killer value. Nothing more nothing less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

When they finally pull the trigger on Gargano, it's gonna be loving magical. They have to do it sometime, right?

yeah he'll probably pick up the 205 live strap down the road somewhere to a reasonable pop

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Mauro was pretty aggressively pushing "Gargano is like Daniel Bryan", so.

Yeah I think so.

Summerslam is NXT’s biggest show, so August should be good for the Gargano household

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GrimGypsy posted:

lol at this already being "better than wrestle kingdom" lol

I'm pretty sure people can think both ruled, because both did rule. It's not mutually exclusive and we're lucky that so far 2018 seems to be following 2017 as being a year for amazing wrestling matches.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Announce NXT Takeover Chicago 2 for MITB weekend, please.

MITB is a super show this year, so it better have a Takeover

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VJeff posted:

Hey can we maybe NOT end the next takeover with Johnny getting owned, losing, then getting owned again?

Like.

Maybe we can end a Takeover with Johnny winning!
This was Sami Zayn's thing for most of his NXT run and it culminated in what is now the 2nd and probably soon to be 3rd best singles match in NXT history.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I'm pretty sure people can think both ruled, because both did rule. It's not mutually exclusive and we're lucky that so far 2018 seems to be following 2017 as being a year for amazing wrestling matches.

You're saying TWO things are good? Buddy, I'm not sure I believe even ONE thing can be good.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Zelina Vega is good and cool and if you don’t know who that is you’re dumb

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Also it won't mean everyone on this forum will become me just because they think a WWE (sorta) show may dare be better than an NJPW show at any point ever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GrimGypsy posted:

lol at this already being "better than wrestle kingdom" lol

it ruled but nah.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Haha the Q&A went live before the countdown

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hmm, Almas won his title match, and Naito lost his title match, this might affect my very important ratings that I give

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No Cody Rhodes, so card of the year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The only Wrestle Kingdom comparison I'm interested in is that the wrong loving guy won the last match in both shows.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol Trips no-selling EC3

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

dromal phrenia posted:

Hmm, Almas won his title match, and Naito lost his title match, this might affect my very important ratings that I give

Dromal's Ungovernable Power Rankings

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Sigma posted:

Zelina Vega is good and cool and if you don’t know who that is you’re dumb

My man

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Sigma posted:

MITB is a super show this year, so it better have a Takeover

NXT MitB match?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Waffleopolis posted:

NXT MitB match?

Gimmick overload. Just have it be a normal Takeover. They're good enough as-is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

NXT MitB match?

NXT should never ever ever try to follow the main roster's lead. If they wanna have their own yearly events like Wargames in November, that's fine (although I feel like they shouldn't call it Wargames if they're gonna do that...), just don't ever pigeonhole them into copying the main roster.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pinwiz11 posted:

Announce NXT Takeover Chicago 2 for MITB weekend, please.

Yes please! I went to the last Takeover in Chicago and it was loving amazing

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Digital Jedi posted:

Yes please! I went to the last Takeover in Chicago and it was loving amazing

It's pretty likely, to be honest. Triple H has expressed that he doesn't like the dry period b/w Wrestlemania and Summerslam for NXT Takeovers, which is why we got one before Backlash last year.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

VJeff posted:

The only Wrestle Kingdom comparison I'm interested in is that the wrong loving guy won the last match in both shows.

I'd argue that Gargano losing is the right call because it will mean so much more when he wins the WWE Championship one day.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

schweens posted:

I'd argue that Gargano losing is the right call because it will mean so much more when he wins the WWE Championship one day.

HHH just called him small, so...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Really good show. Also my favorite detail of the Ciampa attack was his facial expression. Not triumphant, not angry, just there. Almost confused.

He doesn't hate Johnny Wrestling. He's not mad at Johnny Wrestling. Its just he has to kill him is all. He has to breathe, and eat, and kill Gargano.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My thinking is that it was the right choice, because Giampa/Gargano doesn't need the title, but not the ideal way to end it if Johnny winning the title in the future is part of the plan.

Johnny needed a bit more of a mitigating factor there for the Daniel Bryan story, if he should win. But also that will be in like 6-9 months and we won't really remember so it's not a big deal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

My thinking is that it was the right choice, because Giampa/Gargano doesn't need the title, but not the ideal way to end it if Johnny winning the title in the future is part of the plan.

Johnny needed a bit more of a mitigating factor there for the Daniel Bryan story, if he should win. But also that will be in like 6-9 months and we won't really remember so it's not a big deal.

gently caress me, if they run this all the way out to Brooklyn...

How long did people have to wait for Sami to get his win...?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VJeff posted:

Hey can we maybe NOT end the next takeover with Johnny getting owned, losing, then getting owned again?

Like.

Maybe we can end a Takeover with Johnny winning!

gently caress you you stupid rear end in a top hat

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

projecthalaxy posted:

Really good show. Also my favorite detail of the Ciampa attack was his facial expression. Not triumphant, not angry, just there. Almost confused.

He doesn't hate Johnny Wrestling. He's not mad at Johnny Wrestling. Its just he has to kill him is all. He has to breathe, and eat, and kill Gargano.
EAT
SLEEP
KILL GARGANO
REPEAT

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I always love Takeover no matter how last minute and confusing the cards are booked, they always manage to surprise and amaze me and I’m always happy by the end of the show. I’m still not changing my opinion on Moon/Baszler though.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
everyone on this subway platform is holding a commemorative chair and filming superkick spots I just want to be in a bed :(

also no title changes tonight huh

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Ciampa out there looking like a long-lost Briscoe brother

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress me that Gargano/Almas match, that was up there with anything I've seen. Cole/Black was amazing too and Dream is just the best thing. Awesome Takeover.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wonder if HHH finally got that elusive fifth snowflake.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm amazed that they actually blew the Cole/Black match away.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

VJeff posted:

I wonder if HHH finally got that elusive fifth snowflake.

If he was giving NXT matches 5 stars HHH would probably book himself in a match with Black or something to try and get one.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
my hostel is 70% wrestling fans going to sleep and 30% drunk confused partying french(-canadian??) tourists

good night everyone

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

abraham linksys posted:

my hostel is 70% wrestling fans going to sleep and 30% drunk confused partying french(-canadian??) tourists

good night everyone

Have fun friend see if you can cross the two groups by discussing Kevin Owens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

projecthalaxy posted:

There's a reason he was called The Sicilian Psychopath in ROH

• Locked thread