Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

I've spent over a year total in rehabs over the past 5 years, all in Southern California, and got sent to a "mental health treatment center" in Utah for half a year when I was 14. In a way, rehab is almost fun; if you have your poo poo relatively together and stay out of the drama, it's like watching a soap opera.

The first facility I was at, as a kid, was super helpful. I hated it there, of course, because I was a little poo poo and didn't fit in with most of the people, but it taught me social skills that I'd lacked, introduced me to people from outside of my area,, etc.

When I was 19 I went to treatment because my parents wanted me to get help for my heroin addiction, and ended up spending 8 months there. I wish I remembered more about it, but most of my memories are of the programming instead of the people.

The second rehab, at 21ish, was great. It was coed, but somehow didn't have much relationship drama, no relapses that I knew of, and our large group got along great.

The most recent one was only a couple months ago, and it was a shitshow. I broke a bone while detoxing and ended up in a wheelchair for my stay, there were fights between grown adults, staff fired for sleeping with clients, a complete lack of discipline, relapses, the works.

Sorry for the huge post, but if anyone wants to hear about rehab from a relatively recent client I can give that perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread