Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
How has it taken me this long to find this thread?

Ex-firefighter (still do the pack test if just to qualify for the discounts), current office goon. Mostly play with aircraft and helicopters from the office these days.

Its dead in my area firewise, so I'm prepping for a 30 day assignment to somewhere. Broke 1000 OT last year, hoping for the same now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Still does pack test, plays with aircraft.. are there other jumper goons? That would blow my mind

Edit nvm you got 1k OT you arent jumping

I'm fairly ugly without a shirt on, so that naturally precludes me from being a jumper.

After my crew days (never a shot so no beaucoup $$$) I got into dispatch of all things. Boy howdy there is amazing cash in that. Go out occasionally on the engine to keep my quals up. But mostly just talk to airplanes and kick my feet up these days.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
They told me fiber tape was biodegradable!

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
I know a couple GS9 and a GS11 perm seasonals, so they do exist in niche areas.