Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Flytrap posted:

Though, ultimately, the REAL reason Naruto is like this has nothing to do with anything in series. It's just that the story of a father that wants to express that he still loves his family even though a hellish and draconic work schedule has worn him down to nothing but a withering shell was a really important story to tell for a man like Kishimoto who had to put off his own honeymoon for like a decade because gently caress Shounen Jump.

Yeah, it mostly seems to be a Japanese cultural thing. A parent, usually the father, being so overworked to the point they never see their family and might as well be considered absentee is a common thing in Japanese dramas. I can't say how much this reflects reality, but apparently it's true-to-life enough that a Japanese boy watching Boruto would probably find it relatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: FINAL UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it's time to close the book on Boruto's Tale, and the Ultimate Ninja Storm franchise! Can Boruto and Sasuke save Naruto from the new moon villains? Was Boruto really an anti-drug/anti-doping PSA disguises as a franchise movie? And what of the redemption arc for Naruto's familial issues? All this and more on the finale of Let's Play Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4! Thanks for watching!

Gonna be off for a couple of weeks, but look forward to the next thread hopefully coming soon!

:siren: WOW, A PODCAST! :siren:

YouTube

MP3 Download

Let's send off the thread with one of these as well! Co-host Xain and I watched a lot of anime in a surprisingly intense spring season, and now we're here to talk through all of them! Almost 20 shows are on the table, and most of them turned out great! And the ones that didn't? Well, we still get to have a worthwhile discussion on those as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Looks like the real Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto was the adventure we had along the way

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Now that the LP is over I can finally say it:

Bort.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

Now that the LP is over I can finally say it:

Bort.

the let's play is over, but manners still aren't :colbert:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The end of an era. Happy 4th of July everybody.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The villain's final form was so lame they pretty much completely redesigned it for the anime version. I think they just finished that part and it had some pretty sick animation and choreography to it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

White Coke posted:

Doesn't that one at least reveal most of the moon people are dead?

The Moon People are all dead. But it turns out they are just a branch family of the Main Clan who live elsewhere in Space. The two guys here are agents of the main family sent to check up on stuff. There was actually supposed to be a third guy with them, but he was cut for time in the Movie and added back in in the anime. He survived and will likely be reporting back.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 22, 2018

White Coke
May 29, 2015

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Moon People are all dead. But it turns out they are just a branch family of the Main Clan who live elsewhere in Space.

So there are little grey men with big, featureless eyes from space in Boruto?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

White Coke posted:

So there are little grey men with big, featureless eyes from space in Boruto?

Well more like white and grey men and woman of all sizes with big featureless eyes. (And at least one big creepy detailed eye.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Moon People are all dead. But it turns out they are just a branch family of the Main Clan who live elsewhere in Space.

I know Chorps and co. said it in the video but wow you really can pinpoint the problem with the power escalation in Naruto when the plot moves on to goddamn SPACE NINJA.

Also it only just occurred to me: Naruto has his little whisker marks because all the nine-tail chakra made him take on some fox-like characteristics, right? So like, why do Boruto and his sister have whiskers too? Is the fox just in their DNA now?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

TwoPair posted:

I know Chorps and co. said it in the video but wow you really can pinpoint the problem with the power escalation in Naruto when the plot moves on to goddamn SPACE NINJA.

Also it only just occurred to me: Naruto has his little whisker marks because all the nine-tail chakra made him take on some fox-like characteristics, right? So like, why do Boruto and his sister have whiskers too? Is the fox just in their DNA now?

Naruto actually has those whisker marks because his mother had the Fox, he was born with the drat things as you can see any time you see him pre-sealing. And kind of yeah, Kushina having the Fox inside her is part of why Naruto is such a good host for it, as the way they're sealed means their chakra is filtered through the host's, and part of pregnancy in ninja world is that the mother's chakra system is connected to that of the baby. This means that from this point those of Naruto's lineage will probably have the whiskers, although it may slowly dissappear if they don't keep becoming hosts.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

This means that from this point those of Naruto's lineage will probably have the whiskers, although it may slowly dissappear if they don't keep becoming hosts.

Boruto only has two whiskers, so probably. Although I bet he'll end up becoming the new host when Naruto gets killed by some villain to prove how powerful they are.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

White Coke posted:

Boruto only has two whiskers, so probably. Although I bet he'll end up becoming the new host when Naruto gets killed by some villain to prove how powerful they are.

Oh totally. Actually I heard Boruto has a new Bullshit Eye Power™? I'm sure he won't even need the fox to unlock his true anime hidden potential.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

As far as I had watched, it was kinda like the Byakugan, which makes sense, but it also allows him to see the hidden nature of people, like if they're being possessed by evil. If only he could be here to help everyone see the truth behind today's politicians...

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lord_Magmar posted:

Naruto actually has those whisker marks because his mother had the Fox, he was born with the drat things as you can see any time you see him pre-sealing. And kind of yeah, Kushina having the Fox inside her is part of why Naruto is such a good host for it, as the way they're sealed means their chakra is filtered through the host's, and part of pregnancy in ninja world is that the mother's chakra system is connected to that of the baby. This means that from this point those of Naruto's lineage will probably have the whiskers, although it may slowly dissappear if they don't keep becoming hosts.

So that means the 9 tails is Naruto's second dad?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

As far as I had watched, it was kinda like the Byakugan, which makes sense, but it also allows him to see the hidden nature of people, like if they're being possessed by evil. If only he could be here to help everyone see the truth behind today's politicians...

:yosnice:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChorpSaway posted:

I don't think anyone's true nature is being hidden here....

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Amazing that even in a story that isn't even supposed to be all about Naruto it still managed to have more Naruto than necessary.

Also I totally thought that Boruto's rasengan was normal and the only special thing about it was that he could throw it. Also he's making them without needing to make shadow clones do it for him.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

RareAcumen posted:

Amazing that even in a story that isn't even supposed to be all about Naruto it still managed to have more Naruto than necessary.

Also I totally thought that Boruto's rasengan was normal and the only special thing about it was that he could throw it. Also he's making them without needing to make shadow clones do it for him.

That last bit is how you're supposed to do it, Naruto is bad at making them.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
But did they finally give Himawari the Byakugan after they literally forgot to draw her eyes with it and decided to make that art mistake canon?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

That last bit is how you're supposed to do it, Naruto is bad at making them.

I know, I'm saying Boruto's doing better than Naurto when he first started getting the hang of it.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Schubalts posted:

But did they finally give Himawari the Byakugan after they literally forgot to draw her eyes with it and decided to make that art mistake canon?

Yep. There was a special chapter and animated special about it. Himawari wanted to take her giant stuffed panda with her to Naruto's inauguration as Hokage, but Boruto thought it would be super embarrassing. They fight and the bear gets its head ripped off, which saddens and infuriates her so much that it activates her Byakugan for the first time. She immediately tries to beat the poo poo out of her brother only for Naruto to get in the way.

She punches Naruto in the nuts and takes him down in one shot.

He misses his inauguration Konohamaru does it for him because he is KNOCKED the gently caress out.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 25, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe they made Naruto so boring now that even the fox demon is a lame brown noser too.

Worst of all, on top of only using shadow clones when he needs to not spend time with his family and taking up way more screen time than necessary in a story that isn't even about him as the protagonist, this DLC had 0 Killer B in it! And Boruto ended up idolizing Sasuke because of that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

His Rasengan has some lightning in it that helps stabilize it, and it also vanishes.

It's actually hilarious when he uses it on Momoshiki in the anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjWrLs26m1A

• Locked thread