Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If I go to my Airplay settings, my HomePod Mini constantly says that it has a track on pause. Apparently one of my cats just startled herself too, as she sniffed the top, which the HomePod took as a touch command, and started playing that song again.

How do I get it to clear that song from being "paused"? Streaming music from my phone to it doesn't do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

My cats have hit my mini a few times actually. Luckily it hasn’t been in the middle of the night yet.

This just happened to my wife in the bedroom at 5:30am thanks to a cat booping it. (I'm in the living room sleeping because we have a two month old baby, and it's my shift to watch, feed, and change her.)

I asked before, but how do I get an Airpod to "stop" playing a song, rather than keeping them on an indefinite pause that my cats can unpause with their paws?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

wooger posted:

No way to get rid of the paused song, but maybe try this option in accessibility settings:

Thanks, trying that. Now a cat will have to boop for 2 seconds.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't have any problems with Siri talking too loud, so I'm going to share a few things that I might be doing differently. (I have a 2.5 month old daughter, so I'm glad that it's silent for me.)

1. If I listen to music on the HomePod, I keep it quiet, around 10-20% volume. I don't know if that ties into the volume Siri is at or not. (I know Kodi did, which drove me crazy. If I listen to Airplay music on Kodi, then the video I watched after would match that volume.) I saw that someone complained that they would tell Siri to change their volume, and then it would change later, so maybe it's tied into music audio volume as well?

2. Since I have a new baby, I will speak to it like my child is asleep and I don't want to wake her. So barely above a whisper.

3. Usually when I tell it to turn off lights, I only issue commands for the room I am in. So maybe it isn't responding as I'm in the room that will have the light turn off, so it doesn't feel compelled to give me feedback? I haven't tried to turn off all the lights in the house from a HomePod yet, but maybe that gives feedback so you know all the lights in the house are going out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How do these update? I see my minis at 14.6, and don't want them restarting or making noise at midnight or something.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It doesn't speak to you if you're in a room that is effected by the scene you just set. I have "goodnight" which turns off all the lights in the house. This doesn't effect my bedroom, so Siri gives me spoken confirmation that the scene is set. If I'm in the kitchen when I tell it to set that scene, it does it silently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It took a while before it started working for me. Check the firmware is up to date?

Also, where did you buy it clearance, and how much? I’d like a number more.