Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Seems like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

wooger posted:

It’ll keep a history.

I’d say though that HomePod minis sound barely better than a laptop speaker and aren’t worth bothering with for music. Just get Bluetooth speakers or something with airplay support and let them play from a tablet.

My minis sound significantly better than any Bluetooth speaker I have ever used. For kids I wouldn’t hesitate at all. Plus they can easily transfer the audio.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Ugh, I need some kind of point update. Since 16.3, nearly all my HomePods need commands spoken twice to get them to go through.

Oddly, it happens more with commands for my lights than with commands for information (weather, etc).

Seems like apple should have some sort of beta program for this poo poo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I didn't know there was a HomePod thread.

Has anyone else had an issue with the AppleTV dual HomePod setup where one of the HomePods doesn't mute or change volume with the other? Restarting them a couple times usually fixes it, but it never happened until last month.

Nope not for me, I would do a full factory reset

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

priznat posted:

My Homepods are still stubbornly not updating, and when checking the update screen in the Home Settings it says they are up to date (16.6). Weird. I've reset the phone a few times now, and reset the homepods. Just update dammit!!

Reboot ur phone

mine all updated last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

wooger posted:

Did Siri on HomePods get dumber again recently? Walk into a room with the lights off, say ‘hey Siri lights’. This used to turn the lights on, no response.

Now it asks ‘do you want me to turn them on or off?’.

Dunno about HomePod related but my bedroom lights keep turning on yep.