Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We’re on our way to switching to the Apple ecosystem from a mixed one. Next on the chopping block is our Google Home in favor of the Apple mini pod. Music is still going to Google though unfortunately. We watch so much YouTube that it just makes sense for us to have YouTube Premium (which comes with a YT music sub).

Does everyone generally like their HomePod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’ve never even considered moving a smart speaker around as if it’s portable. I don’t think that is what the mini is for at all.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Google Home can’t even do simple math, it just says “sorry, I don’t have any information about that.” But Siri has no probs with math. I finally found something that HomePod does better.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just tried again with “Hey Google, what is 29.99 times 1.0825” and it didn’t know what to do. Siri got it though.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not the biggest deal but it’s windy where I am today so I asked the HomePod “Siri, what is the wind like today?”

Siri: “We should get some wind today.”

Like no poo poo if you’re on earth there will be some wind yes.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Siri is really really bad compared to Google (never used Alexa) but at least Apple pretends to care about my data security.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When I take a call and I’m at home, I like to use speaker phone. Pressing the button on my phone to put it on speaker instead opens a menu with the option to switch to speaker or HomePod. This creates an extra step when I just want to use speaker phone. I never want to route my call audio through my HomePod. Is this something that can be disabled?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know if I did anything special, but I just say “hey siri, what’s the weather like?” and then it tells me the weather for my city.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish they would follow Google's lead on stopping a timer. I miss just being able to say "stop."

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How do I cast Soundcloud to the HomePod? I feel like I used to be able to and now I’ve either forgotten or it’s no longer possible. When I hit the cast button in Soundcloud it only gives me the option to cast to my TV’s soundbar.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not working for me and lots of other folks I guess. Oh well I have a smart thermostat in the same room.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

phosdex posted:

Do you have other devices that can act as a Homekit hub? May have to reboot those as well. When a Homekit device stops working for me, I usually end up rebooting my homepod and apple tvs.

Nope just the HomePod Mini. I wonder if I don’t have it set up as a hub? It looks like this in Home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Climate control showed up last night in the Home app finally. This morning, it’s not there anymore. :iiam: