Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Cremnob thinks this will be an audiophile speaker. Cremnob is wrong, but I think it's safe to predict it'll crush the smart speaker market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

The Echo is a dogshit speaker. Amazon has no ecosystem to speak of. Assuming the Siri implementation is HomePod specific, it's hard to see what the Echoes have over the HomePod except for price. And we all know how that goes with Apple products.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Amazon has Echos, Fire Tablets, Fire TVs, Prime Video, Prime Audio, and many smart home devices support Echo. They also publish apps on every major mobile and desktop OS. They absolutely have an ecosystem.
All of those things are trash and most of those things no one uses.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

How the gently caress do I get this thing to play radio stations? Is that really not a feature?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

priznat posted:

I can just say "hey siri, play news 1130" for the local AM news and it figures it out

Usually the radio station will say the keywords to ask for on air or maybe on their website etc (station ID might work too?)
Sometimes this works and other times it's like "Sorry, I couldn't find news 1130 in your music"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

this thing is the steel battalion: heavy armor of apple products