Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Really hope Logitech adds HomeKit to the harmony hub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Cool, so this is just gonna be a big slap fight?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean this entire thread is pointless. It’s so dumb. Why make a thread for something 3 people will buy.

e: Like, if Siri wasn’t horseshit then that’s a different story. But “hey Siri play some music” followed by “hey Siri what time is it” pauses the music forever which is just ridiculous. Yeah I’m really upset about a lovely voice assistant.

You really are and it's really abrasive to read.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Over There posted:

the Verge has been nothing but clickbait concern sensationalism, I would take anything they say with a grain of salt and just wait to see what the public says.

As much as I can't stand Nilay, he brings up some good points.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

My point was, for all the Verge/Nilays bullshit he brings up good points and that doesn't mean I'm endorsing him/the verge.

The only real problem I had with the review is him calling HomeKit "fiddly" which isn't my experience at all.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hold up, I thought the HomePod will act as a hub of you don't have an Apple TV or stay at home iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

fivehead posted:

I got my 65 year old parents a HomePod for Christmas! They like the sound quality. Is there a “Hey Siri” for boomers guide somewhere?

https://youtu.be/YvT_gqs5ETk