Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It will.

My wild, out the butt guess on dexters problem is he probably doesn’t have iCloud Keychain and 2FA enabled. Because the next step is apparently asking if you want to enable personal settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You can also tap the arcs in the upper right corner of the music control instead of force touching it, if you prefer.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s what multi-room support should do whenever it’s released. Someday. This year, hopefully.
Should as in “in a fair and good world”, yeah. Should as in “reasonable to expect”, I would doubt it. Multi room will just be being able to start/stop playback on multiple HomePods, I'd bet.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I’m assuming Andy is thinking of something like “Siri switch music to the kitchen”. I don’t think that’ll happen, but I’m just guessing.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
It didn’t understand the word “this”.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Say “I like pie” “I like glarp” “I like <anything but a recognized special word>“ and Siri will respond “do you?”.

So it sounds like what’s happening is if it catches “this” in your situation, it responds with “got it” and if it doesn’t it says “do you?”

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

nervana posted:

Regretting not getting the 250$ deal :smith:
$280 this week at Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Nothing at all in the videos or the web page says anything about a power cable or shows a port for one, but the web page says “20W power adapter included”. Does the regular HomePod have a cable that plugs into the bottom?