Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I bought a Homepod Mini. Where is it getting my music from when I tell it to shuffle all music? I don't have Apple Music, and it will play mp3s that aren't on my phone but are on my desktop. But even when the desktop is off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

japtor posted:

Have you purchased music on iTunes before?

Oh yeah, I'm dumb. It's playing stuff I bought on iTunes.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Temp and humidity sensors have been enabled on Homepods! I had to reboot mine and then they show up for the room I have it. Going to use it to control an outlet that I have a humidifer on.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-use-the-temperature-and-humidity-sensors-on-homepod-and-homepod-mini.2378205/

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

LuckyCat posted:

Not working for me and lots of other folks I guess. Oh well I have a smart thermostat in the same room.

Do you have other devices that can act as a Homekit hub? May have to reboot those as well. When a Homekit device stops working for me, I usually end up rebooting my homepod and apple tvs.