Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I didn't know there was a HomePod thread.

Has anyone else had an issue with the AppleTV dual HomePod setup where one of the HomePods doesn't mute or change volume with the other? Restarting them a couple times usually fixes it, but it never happened until last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

gallilee posted:

Oh yes and it’s loving infuriating. Right speaker works fine but the left one won’t mute and stays at a constant level. Unplugged it (after several factory resets and reinitiations) and plugged it back in 2 days later and now it works again. Not to keen to upgrade AppleTV OS since it will probably gently caress em up again. Not the best product they’ve released. Just keep at it and by magic it might work all of a sudden.

It''s only been a day since I updated AppleTV OS, but the problem hasn't happened since. Hopefully the firmware update ironed out the issue. The problem wasn't even isolated to me, my parents had the same issue on theirs and they got their HomePods months before I did.