Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

"asuka will be fine, as she was fine before her huge moment was completely taken from her to temporarily shine a lovely has-been who will be a lovely wrestler rammed at us with all the grace of the Roman push"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Riotgrrill posted:

For the last four they had Finn/Nak in the left corners and Cena/Roman in the right. Absolutely perfect, especially for Philly (crowd owned).

Final six being NXT vs. Ruthless Aggression was great as well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My only complaint about either Rumble was that Kairi Sane did not do well and got unceremoniously tossed by Dana Brooke of all people. Other than that, great stuff

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I liked how Philly booed the poo poo out of Maria and Stephanie at the start. I'm really glad Stephanie didn't speak to the crowd.

Shoenin posted:

Deadwoman getting 4 elims I would be bothered by but she looked pretty good despite being retired.
Wasn't she the one fighting anorexia? She looked healthier than several other women out there, then again I had a lovely stream so maybe not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ijii posted:

I liked how Philly booed the poo poo out of Maria and Stephanie at the start. I'm really glad Stephanie didn't speak to the crowd.
I enjoyed that the fans booed Menounos purely because she's a Pats fan. At least that's my assumption.

Jerusalem posted:

Also I really, really dug Sasha going heel during the Rumble.

Yeah, that was some good storytelling/character work mid match. I was disappointed they went with Asuka vs the Bellas at the end because I thought they had been booking well to Sasha vs Asuka much of the match. And Becky probably should have been in the mix too.

But that's nitpicky. It was generally a well booked match, especially working with at least a 1/4th of the participants who had no place being in the ring.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

GrimGypsy posted:

"asuka will be fine, as she was fine before her huge moment was completely taken from her to temporarily shine a lovely has-been who will be a lovely wrestler rammed at us with all the grace of the Roman push"

I love re-stating what morons are saying as a fake quote that makes their stance look more clearly stupid. You should do it for that racist dumbass with horrible taste from last night who called La sombra boring del rio

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

STAC Goat posted:

I enjoyed that the fans booed Menounos purely because she's a Pats fan. At least that's my assumption.

Yeah, that was some good storytelling/character work mid match. I was disappointed they went with Asuka vs the Bellas at the end because I thought they had been booking well to Sasha vs Asuka much of the match. And Becky probably should have been in the mix too.

But that's nitpicky. It was generally a well booked match, especially working with at least a 1/4th of the participants who had no place being in the ring.

they went with the Bellas because its going to be a story in Total Bellas this season

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

CarlCX posted:

I feel like everything outside of the Rumbles was questionable, but the Royal Rumbles at Royal Rumble 2018 were really fuckin' good, so the show is good.

yeah same, i was actually kinda eh on some of the other stuff but i loved the rumbles, so yeah it was good as heck. the final four was great. nak/roman was great and, yes, tailor made for the biggest reactions possible. the only thing missing from the womens rumble for me was nikki cross. maybe next year... im guessing vickie was the alicia replacement, which, hell, worked.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

exploded mummy posted:

they went with the Bellas because its going to be a story in Total Bellas this season

Yeah, I get it. I know how WWE works. I just was into the wrestling story with the fulltime wrestlers for a moment.

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

:qq:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

I love re-stating what morons are saying as a fake quote that makes their stance look more clearly stupid. You should do it for that racist dumbass with horrible taste from last night who called La sombra boring del rio

yeah woof that was a turd of a take.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Dr. rear end posted:

Kofi, Jinder, Seth. Nothing special around then, Kofi got eliminated with no typical theatrics. Hurricane was funny for a second

Excuse me, Kofi was saved by Xavier, then surfed on a plate of pancakes back into the ring

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Vaah posted:

Excuse me, Kofi was saved by Xavier, then surfed on a plate of pancakes back into the ring

and then eliminated jinder and big e and xavier threw pancakes at jinder

it wa s a good spot

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://i.imgur.com/janWivs.mp4

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I was momentarily worried they might have Nikki win, so going with them at the end really helped build the suspense. Michelle loving McCool had the closest thing to a monster run in the rumble and it seemed like every time a old school woman would enter they would eliminate some young up and comer. It's kind of strange comparing it to nostalgia runs in the mens rumble where they almost always get clowned immediately.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

where does this rank on a scale from 1 to Trish/Mickie WM22

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That show was soooooooo goddamn awesome live.

The Women’s Royal Rumble was loving booked to perfection. I almost wonder if Stephanie had Pat work on it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

remusclaw posted:

I was momentarily worried they might have Nikki win, so going with them at the end really helped build the suspense.

Both of the rumbles had a great best case/worst case winner at the end, really fun to watch.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

CubsWoo posted:

slamball

alternate: xfl

Are you dissing slamball?

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

where does this rank on a scale from 1 to Trish/Mickie WM22

idk but it's like 0.01 on the muta scale

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lid posted:

the people so angry about this are a huge wtf
hmm theyre idiots

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Cavauro posted:

lol it's not my fault he's boring my man; I'm sorry that you've been mad about my internet post for 24 whole hours
He did have a very very good match though, which is something no one will ever say about Ronda

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't find the article about Asuka's win on ESPN.com anyone got the link?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/957850045461786624

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

exploded mummy posted:

gently caress that stupid show, and piss off Bellas getting pushes because of that poo poo.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Shinsuke Nakamura is gonna have a Wrestlemania entrance that is followed by AJ Styles' Wrestlemania entrance and I'm just so excited

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dangerous Person posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura is gonna have a Wrestlemania entrance
:hellyeah:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

this is very problematic

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Asuka stared down Ronda and slapped her handshake away. How this translates to Asuka looking bad is crazypants

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
After looking her up I'm sorry to say Rhonda is going to have to be down there with Bailey in the department of people whose names I never spell right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dangerous Person posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura is gonna have a Wrestlemania entrance that is followed by AJ Styles' Wrestlemania entrance and I'm just so excited

Shinsuke vs AJ at Mania is what I've wanted ever since they both came to WWE, and we're getting it this year and it is going to absolutely rule.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Asuka stared down Ronda and slapped her handshake away. How this translates to Asuka looking bad is crazypants

second banana to mediocre fight-sportser who gets the final big moment and all the hype/press because she's (kinda)a BIG NAME

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DeathChicken posted:

No one (from what I saw) is saying she looked "bad". People are saying Rousey took the spotlight from her. You're arguing a strawman.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

GrimGypsy posted:

second banana to mediocre fight-sportser who gets the final big moment and all the hype/press because she's (kinda)a BIG NAME
oh no a fight-sportser

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

No one (from what I saw) is saying she looked "bad". People are saying Rousey took the spotlight from her. You're arguing a strawman.

I'm saying she looked bad, but as a swerve I mean in the match.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
She could use some lessons on the mic. Or a mic. Or lines.

Fuckin' nailed that point though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Point Tier List
1) Phoenix Wright
2) Hulk Hogan
3) Ronda Rousey

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GrimGypsy posted:

"second banana to mediocre fight-sportser who gets the final big moment and all the hype/press because she's (kinda)a BIG NAME"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate that I'm on the same side of an argument with people who say things like "fight sporter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Fentry posted:

I didn't quite get what they were going for at the end but this is the first rumble in several years where I'm not actively mad afterwards

Agreed.

Like, it would have made a small bit of sense if Asuka picked Alexa and then Rhonda came out to challenge Charlotte. But whatever, that’s just nitpicky

After years of bad Rumbles, WWE knocked it out of the park with two great ones. I think having all the legends return really made it a lot of fun, so kudos to them for making a 30 Woman Rumble work with a main roster of 20.

• Locked thread