Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sindai posted:

I'm glad Saber emotes enough for both of them.
:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sindai posted:

I'm glad Saber emotes enough for both of them.

That's one of the reasons why Hakuno works much better than other mostly-bland protagonists (loving Sieg), he's constantly the straight man to Saber's excitedness about bloody murder and...in general, she's a happy Servant. It makes them a fun Master/Servant duo.

The other reason is, of course, the series giving time to show that Hakuno is loving insane and likely very dangerous.

Question: who were the three Berserkers under Shinji? One was definitely Fergus mac Roich (Durandal is impossible to miss), but I have no idea who the other two were.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Leondias and Darius III. They're all from FGO.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Motto posted:

Leondias and Darius III. They're all from FGO.

Thank you! I'm not a FGO player (I have enough issues with less hellish gacha to go into that one) so I had no idea.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Pretty sure you meant Caladbolg there, though. :v:

Motto posted:

Apparently praetor wasn't quite correct in the first place? At least I saw someone *cough* say something like that.
I don't know the reasoning behind Praetor but 奏者 (read as Sousha) means instrumentalist or player (of an instrument), which matches Umu's explanation.

It still feels weird, like trying to write the new year during January. The feeling will pass, I s'pose. :shrug:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 6, 2018

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kyte posted:

Pretty sure you meant Caladbolg there, though. :v:

So I did. Wrong sword, my bad.

Also the subs I watched had "Praetor" and an Umu Counter on the top-left of the screen. The grammar was kind of awkward but it made sense for Saber, it translated decently her interesting speech patterns.

I have no idea whose those subs were though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bring back redman

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

redman is dustman

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Redman wants to rest

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Blaze Dragon posted:

So I did. Wrong sword, my bad.

Also the subs I watched had "Praetor" and an Umu Counter on the top-left of the screen. The grammar was kind of awkward but it made sense for Saber, it translated decently her interesting speech patterns.

I have no idea whose those subs were though.

I think those were FMFansubs. They came out first.
Maestro was in Chyuu. They came out second.

I have no idea about these YOROKOBE people, but they came out third.

Incidentally, there's some impressive level of :spergin: going on there wrt Maestro vs Praetor, it's amazing.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Kyte posted:

I don't know the reasoning behind Praetor but 奏者 (read as Sousha) means instrumentalist or player,
Maybe it’s her way of describing MMO player, which is what all master are?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

Maybe it’s her way of describing MMO player, which is what all master are?
Sure, but...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this show is awesome, it's weird but cool to have full -gatari SHAFT doing a Fate story

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I won't do a comparison between the show so far and /EXTRA, but I will say that Nero was the only thing that got me through the gameplay of EXTRA. Nero is that good.

Umu over all.:hai:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
vlad iii in romania: territory powers up his legend to insane levels
armstrong on the moon: jobs to shinji

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

fgo when

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Dear Type-Moon,

When you add Neil Armstrong as a Rider in JPN FGO please have his NP have the following: 1) Running over the enemy with the Moon Rover 2) saying his famous quote in the most Engrish accent ever.

Signed
NA FGO player GaeBolgKilla

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

If there isn't some sort of connection with fact Hakuno sees a god drat inferno in his vision (Okay, sure, same with Shirou, in fact I interpreted it as the same fire) and Nero and the great fire of Rome and it isn't played for some melodramatic poo poo I'm sorely disappointed. Also bunch of people stabbing a guy. Am I just imagining things or is there something "too" obvious here?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That third episode cannot be out yet.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 11, 2018

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Youll find that it can be

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
is someone gonna have to explain the concept of linear time to grouchio like the first episode of ds9?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its more like he dosen't understand time-keeping.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The subs were so bad that I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff, or maybe I'm just dumb and found stuff far more confusing than it actually was, but at least I can say with certainty that this Shinji is a better person than the other Shinji.

Which, mind you, is an extremely low bar to clear.

Kind of sad Rin doesn't have her Servant though. I guess Cu Chulainn is too busy selling fish to help in this Holy Grail War.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

next thing you're going to tell me arcuied isn't here either

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The subs were so bad that I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff, or maybe I'm just dumb and found stuff far more confusing than it actually was, but at least I can say with certainty that this Shinji is a better person than the other Shinji.

Which, mind you, is an extremely low bar to clear.

Kind of sad Rin doesn't have her Servant though. I guess Cu Chulainn is too busy selling fish to help in this Holy Grail War.

after trying that first set of subs, i would recommend always waiting for Chyuu to do the episode, since theirs are actually able to be comprehended

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dogsicle posted:

after trying that first set of subs, i would recommend always waiting for Chyuu to do the episode, since theirs are actually able to be comprehended

I may do that from now on. I'll definitely rewatch it with their subs at least if they're higher-quality than this mess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show is weird as all hell, but then I remembered how playing through Extra was and I got back into the proper mindset.

Gee golly I really like Pirate Rider.:allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Somehow Shaft's art style seems rather docile compared to past works.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I'm a fan of Fate/Monogatari. It's very visually appealing over the sort of dull Apocrypha.

But I want to talk about the OP/ED
I like the OP. It's neat
I hate the ED. It's sooo generic and high-pitched, I just skip right past it when it starts playing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the ED is just Sayuri being Sayuri. i first heard her doing the ED for Ranpo Kitan, but the stress and breathiness in that song are great. and the real crime of that ED is all the visual clutter they slap on top of the drawings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=undkYFhKygA

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Finally cleared out the task list and got around to this.

It is cool to have a TM thing where legitimately nobody has any idea what's going on, for once.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

The 50th anniversary is next year. Arc vs Neil summer event 2019

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

dogsicle posted:

the ED is just Sayuri being Sayuri. i first heard her doing the ED for Ranpo Kitan, but the stress and breathiness in that song are great. and the real crime of that ED is all the visual clutter they slap on top of the drawings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=undkYFhKygA

shes great

also is neil armstrong genderswapped as well this is very importalt

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Phobophilia posted:

shes great

also is neil armstrong genderswapped as well this is very importalt

...Maybe? They don't exactly show a lot of gendered parts...or anything, for that matter.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
At this point I don't know how sexism managed to survive since about two thirds of all historical and legendary figures were women in disguise.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

galagazombie posted:

At this point I don't know how sexism managed to survive since about two thirds of all historical and legendary figures were women in disguise.

Because historians were men.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

galagazombie posted:

the last 1/3 is actually men pretending to be women so i suspect that's the reason.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Argas posted:

Because historians were men.

Waiting for the next Grand Order update that adds Herodotus as a scantily clad girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Upon rewatching with the better subs I realized I have absolutely no idea how Rin got past the three charging berserkers to the elevator. Saber and Hakuno jump over the barrier cage she was making, but she's clearly inside it running towards the berserkers in one cut and then standing next to them at the elevator the next.

I think it's an animation error and she's supposed to be running alongside the trap as she builds it?

• Locked thread