Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Space Flower posted:

vlad iii in romania: territory powers up his legend to insane levels
armstrong on the moon: jobs to shinji

The man who flew to the moon, versus the woman who brought down the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe it was a great fight. Or maybe he had a terrible Master.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

hmm, yes Shaft's Rin on a flying motorcycle has been determined to be:

good

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

:kimchi:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i think you mean praetor

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

¡nwn

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

i think you mean praetor

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I am honestly curious why the personalities of everyone had a 360 in the anime. Stuff like Shinji becoming a boss and Blackmore being a psycho who snipes people...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is not the umu we thought it was.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Are the good subs out yet? I don't want to go through the impossible to understand ones again. This series is enough of a mindscrew with coherent subs.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just search for chyuu on Nyaa yourself man

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
man anime really doesnt like it when we achieve fully automated luxury gay space communism, even though japan is currently in late capitalist despair

like trails in the sky, someone works that out, and it gets immediately blown up after everyone falls into depravity

maybe fiction just doesnt like end-of-history scenarios

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

maybe fiction just doesnt like end-of-history scenarios

Insofar as stories are about conflict, it seems harder to tell very interesting stories about an Actual Utopia.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Lestaki posted:

Insofar as stories are about conflict, it seems harder to tell very interesting stories about an Actual Utopia.

Certainly harder to animate.

(I hear Greg Egan is weirdly popular in Japan and he uses a lot of that sort of stuff... just not always in 3+1 dimensions.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i mean humanity being in an eternal conflict EXTRA SPOILER is a theme toucehd by Twice's psycho plan to use the Moon Cell. I deffo believe LE is set in an universe where he won

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Nero has no idea how close she came to getting hosed up, I killed no less than 20 of her last week in FGO with a certain green archer.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

n-nero :smith:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are you folks still watching this?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Grouchio posted:

Are you folks still watching this?

Yes, but I wait for the Chyuu subs and then forget to actually post about it. I'm enjoying it though even if every episode makes it more obvious to me that this is not an alternate universe but an alternate outcome for Extra, where the bad guy won (this is what we see in the first episode, F-Hakuno and Saber lost against the final boss), thus not playing Extra is actually a big disadvantage in understanding the plot or it'll become one soon, which is distressful because, well, I haven't played Extra.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Agreed. I played Extra but didn't beat it and never touched CCC. It's been neat seeing how different the opening of the show has been to the first few servant fights. But I really wish I had the knowledge of Extra and CCC.
Also, the super angry MC is neat, but the gently caress is up with that Purple poo poo and him being powerful fighting or something?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I know nothing about Extra but if I understood correctly it seems like he's the coalescence of the grudges of all the dead masters that pooled at the bottom of the first level for a thousand years.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I have played Extra and honestly the novelty of "wait, things are different this time around!" wore off pretty quickly and I sort of stopped caring.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wait so Hakuno (or whoever that anonymous master was) used Suzuka-Gozen in the 999 years ago flashback?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah i just took it as a random cameo that doesnt seem important since the show is already using random servants as lackeys, and we see Fuuma right after that. but you can make out her outfit deets by going frame by frame.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Blaze Dragon posted:

Are the good subs out yet? I don't want to go through the impossible to understand ones again. This series is enough of a mindscrew with coherent subs.
Looking for a referral towards good subs. Preferably streaming because I don't want to wait on Netflix. Anyone?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RanKizama posted:

Looking for a referral towards good subs. Preferably streaming because I don't want to wait on Netflix. Anyone?

I've been using Chyuu's, they do good work even if Maestro annoys a lot of people for reasons I fail to understand. You can find their releases on Nyaa.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
APEX started doing their own subs instead of editing the bad ones in the last couple of episodes and are much faster than Chyuu. I don't know Japanese but they seemed comprehensible enough to me.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh my god inu curry YES

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

still waiting on the chyuu sub for last week

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/hosoimieko/status/969966021774749696

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

NotALizardman posted:

still waiting on the chyuu sub for last week

APEX is fine and is already out.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
The Apex subs might not keep going though. He said he's already sick of doing them.

What's with the fight over how Nero addresses Hakuno. There's like 3 variations. Yeesh

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Green Tea Erotica posted:

The Apex subs might not keep going though. He said he's already sick of doing them.

What's with the fight over how Nero addresses Hakuno. There's like 3 variations. Yeesh

After Praetor was proven incorrect it's back to the good old days of every man for himself. FGO had the same, and FSN before that. It will pass. Probably when the official subs become widely available.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
chyuu popped up on nyaa now

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I just watched part 5, and I don't understand what the importance of the bells was supposed to be.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

I just watched part 5, and I don't understand what the importance of the bells was supposed to be.

it was a trap to lure enemy masters in. the clocktower was filled with bombs. if they somehow managed to escape getting sniped, then they'd approach blackmore's position and get exploded.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Suaimhneas posted:

All his shots were ricochets off of the bells. He was in the other tower the whole time.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Brutakas posted:

All his shots were ricochets off of the bells. He was in the other tower the whole time.

oh

i guess im stupid then

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Nah, I had to go back and rewatch the ending like 3 times because they did a pretty poor job of conveying that he was in the original building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
You're both right, but yea, the bells were simultaneously a decoy and a trap for enemy masters.

I've been liking the series a lot so far as someone pretty much new to Extraverse stuff. Nasu's talked about how important Ikuhara has been to him in interview and you can really feel the Utena influence all through this series, visually and narratively.

• Locked thread