Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I have absolutely no idea what the hell's going on but I'm totally in. At least Hakuno seems to have one more character trait than Sieg did, in his complete and absolute hatred for the Moon, so he should be more fun than that piece of poo poo.

So from what I can understand... this is happening in a digital world where kids with Master potential are thrown in... for some reason, created by some computer to be Heaven-like. And this has happened several times, repeating and repeating, something only some people seem to know like Glasses Dude and Kotomine Kirei. Also the Holy Grail War has a lot more people and it starts with killings even before the Servants appear, which is pretty metal. And there was an EMIYA statue for some reason before weird-talking Saber just cut it down.

I'm entirely sure I have a bunch of things wrong and a lot of things still don't make sense to me even with that so it'll be super interesting to see where this goes. I'm another person that has never played EXTRA or any of its sequels (I may get Extella at some point, and Extella Link has like all of the Servants I like so that's super tempting) but I guess it wouldn't help either here.

Also the opening is super good and I'm glad we got a full version before the anime even started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2Ira7hApg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so is the cooking show out yet?

The first episode has been out for a while, I don't think the second one has been released yet though but I have no idea. It's not a weekly, that much I know.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure if I can ask this, but since it's not going to be officially subbed in ages considering Netflix has the rights to Fate series to my great distress, who's subbing this one? It'd be nice to have their site to know when a new episode is out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sindai posted:

I'm glad Saber emotes enough for both of them.

That's one of the reasons why Hakuno works much better than other mostly-bland protagonists (loving Sieg), he's constantly the straight man to Saber's excitedness about bloody murder and...in general, she's a happy Servant. It makes them a fun Master/Servant duo.

The other reason is, of course, the series giving time to show that Hakuno is loving insane and likely very dangerous.

Question: who were the three Berserkers under Shinji? One was definitely Fergus mac Roich (Durandal is impossible to miss), but I have no idea who the other two were.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Motto posted:

Leondias and Darius III. They're all from FGO.

Thank you! I'm not a FGO player (I have enough issues with less hellish gacha to go into that one) so I had no idea.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kyte posted:

Pretty sure you meant Caladbolg there, though. :v:

So I did. Wrong sword, my bad.

Also the subs I watched had "Praetor" and an Umu Counter on the top-left of the screen. The grammar was kind of awkward but it made sense for Saber, it translated decently her interesting speech patterns.

I have no idea whose those subs were though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The subs were so bad that I'm pretty sure I missed a lot of stuff, or maybe I'm just dumb and found stuff far more confusing than it actually was, but at least I can say with certainty that this Shinji is a better person than the other Shinji.

Which, mind you, is an extremely low bar to clear.

Kind of sad Rin doesn't have her Servant though. I guess Cu Chulainn is too busy selling fish to help in this Holy Grail War.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

dogsicle posted:

after trying that first set of subs, i would recommend always waiting for Chyuu to do the episode, since theirs are actually able to be comprehended

I may do that from now on. I'll definitely rewatch it with their subs at least if they're higher-quality than this mess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Phobophilia posted:

shes great

also is neil armstrong genderswapped as well this is very importalt

...Maybe? They don't exactly show a lot of gendered parts...or anything, for that matter.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Are the good subs out yet? I don't want to go through the impossible to understand ones again. This series is enough of a mindscrew with coherent subs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Grouchio posted:

Are you folks still watching this?

Yes, but I wait for the Chyuu subs and then forget to actually post about it. I'm enjoying it though even if every episode makes it more obvious to me that this is not an alternate universe but an alternate outcome for Extra, where the bad guy won (this is what we see in the first episode, F-Hakuno and Saber lost against the final boss), thus not playing Extra is actually a big disadvantage in understanding the plot or it'll become one soon, which is distressful because, well, I haven't played Extra.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RanKizama posted:

Looking for a referral towards good subs. Preferably streaming because I don't want to wait on Netflix. Anyone?

I've been using Chyuu's, they do good work even if Maestro annoys a lot of people for reasons I fail to understand. You can find their releases on Nyaa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What the everloving gently caress was this episode? I'm even more confused than before, which is amazing.

• Locked thread