Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Schweinhund posted:

Also guys in the consolation bracket taking the good pitchers to stream... Gotta get that coveted 7th place instead of 8th place.

The winner of the consolation in my league gets a ball in the draft lottery and I'm going to win it and it's the only thing keeping me sane after this dogshit season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I picked up Buttrey yesterday to officially be on my roster today. Thank gently caress

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moneyball posted:

I picked up Buttrey yesterday to officially be on my roster today. Thank gently caress

Same. My team is tanking so hard right now in the playoffs. No one is hitting, and I had solid pitching behind Verlander only for Buttrey to loving poo poo sideways.

The guy I'm playing has so many streaky dudes at the moment. :negative:

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE

Teemu Pokemon posted:

The winner of the consolation in my league gets a ball in the draft lottery and I'm going to win it and it's the only thing keeping me sane after this dogshit season

Can you elaborate on the lottery process for your league?

Our championships ended last week. I finished 2nd. My pitching struggled as it had most of the season. Over 2 weeks I ended with 6 QS and 7 wins. I went from leading 7-5-0 at the end of the first week to losing 5-7-0. It was a neck and neck match up though, made it pretty entertaining.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

If I didn't set my league as a keeper league before it began in Yahoo, is it still possible to make it a keeper league into next year? I don't see the option to set it as a keeper league mid-season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack watching my money league semifinals. I'm up 8-4-1. He can overtake me in ERA and Wins with Ryu, and is only 1 steal and 1 hold behind. :ohdear:

I need a xanax.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

jvick posted:

Can you elaborate on the lottery process for your league?

It's a 12 team league, we give teams 9-12 a "ball" and the winner of the consolation gets one too (if one of the bottom 4 wins the lottery, they will get two total). We then draw for the first three picks with the team finishing 12th overall in the regular season guaranteed one of the top 3 picks, and picks 4-6 decided by regular season record worst to best

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Made it into 4 out of 5 championships INCLUDING my money league, so I am guaranteed a payout ($225 for the winner, $75 for 2nd)!

:snoop:

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I thought my day was over and I have already pulled a huge comeback to win but now I have to wait and make sure Jason Kipnis doesn't single handedly close a 21 point OPS lead. Otherwise I am a couple hours away from a championship in my money league!

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Kipnis goes 5-for-5 with 3 homers

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
In my main league (roto) I’m up by 15 points. :unsmith:

In my other league (H2H) I was in first place all season and I’m about to lose in the semifinal by .006 batting average. :smithicide:

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

fawning deference posted:

Kipnis goes 5-for-5 with 3 homers

:mad:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
My semifinal matchup came down to needing a Kyle Freeland win or a Wade Davis Dave. Got both.

Hooray having a pitching staff led by Freeland, Taillon and Trevor Williams. :confuoot:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
One of my best friends is a giant poo poo-talker who only played fantasy baseball because my league needed a body (he’s never watched a baseball game in his life).

He won our league (beating me in the quarterfinals) and I’m now dreading the next year. :eng99:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So I don't know how many people are actually paying attention but the Fire and Forget league is going to come down to the wire which kind of owns

Notable: Jersey Weathermen has hit the innings cap so his pitching stats are locked, meaning he will almost assuredly lose a point as my (terrible) team is only one back of his in SVH. He might gain one back though in WHIP depending on Acuna Moncada's pitchers.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Made it to the finals in my big money league, winning a tight 7-5 in the semis. :toot:

Already had guaranteed money for finishing first in the regular season, but now I'm guaranteed more (or much more).

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The commissioner suggesting he may offer everyone refunds with yet to explain why is certainly not something I want to hear heading into my championship week in a new league :)

Trying to remain composed here :):):)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

The commissioner suggesting he may offer everyone refunds with yet to explain why is certainly not something I want to hear heading into my championship week in a new league :)

Trying to remain composed here :):):)

I had that happen to me once... I was not thrilled. Needless to say I don't play in that league anymore.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

:lol: Gary Sanchez is loving atrocious.

I benched him for Willians Astudillo in the final week. Basically have homers wrapped up but really need to hang on to average and Sanchez is just murdering my team. Thought about playing without a catcher but Astudillo doesn't seem like he can hurt.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Ty Buttrey you MOTHERFUCKER :argh:

So, about this..

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Maybe the guy who's been in the big leagues a month shouldn't be closing? :shrug:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Lots of weather problems for the Mets-Braves game and Red Sox game. :(

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

coronaball posted:

Lots of weather problems for the Mets-Braves game and Red Sox game. :(

:ohdear:

I need Acuna and JD damnit.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
:siren: Orioles-Red Sox rained out

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

coronaball posted:

Sorry guys, I had tickets, it's my fault

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Thank god I'm spared from more Mookie Betts. Please rain out wherever Yelich is playing, too.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
They're playing a doubleheader tomorrow, so if you have the right bench, it just potentially means more ABs.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Would rather play a PPD'd player than Gary Sanchez or Carlos Correa.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Where would y'all draft Gary Sanchez next year? Because he could realistically go for 40 bombs, 100 runs, 120 RBI. Getting that kind of production from a catcher, with how terrible that position is, could win your league. I think he'll be gone by the 3rd round, the upside is just too enticing, which means I probably won't get him.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He might not even be ranked in the top 100 at this point. He looks like poo poo.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
We'll have to wait and see what he looks like in spring training. If he looks to be in The Best Shape of His Life, I'll consider getting him.

jk i will probably fade the hell out of him no matter what

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I loving benched Sanchez in the final week because he was destroying my average and he just hit a 3-run homer.

He'll fall a bunch next year. I'd say around the 100 mark. Realmulto should go before him. For as bad as he was this season, he does still hit for great power out of the catcher position. And there does seem to be a bit of bad luck when it comes to his average (.194 BABIP is crazy low). If that levels off a bit he should be hitting at least .230.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Spring could alter it but right now I wouldn't draft him until the 60-80 range so not before the 6th round.

I'm the worst at drafting though, I ended up outright cutting my 5th, 8th, 10-14th, 16th, 18-19th, and 21-25th picks. My second pick was Correa, who was cut after I traded him. But I won so lol.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Boy did my team tank average today. 0/21 as of now

Good thing it’s in the league I’m probably not getting paid in for reasons :imunfunny:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, my hitting has been dogshit today. My opponent's has been better, but not by a ton.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

lol i'm really glad that i missed the playoffs by 3 games and would've gotten blown out in the first round by the 3 seed because I've been besting the field since the start of the semis

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How is Mondesi so loving good? I can't believe I got him right before the playoffs.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Matt Barnes. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Niwrad posted:

How is Mondesi so loving good? I can't believe I got him right before the playoffs.

I'm ready to go way overboard picking him in spring, I can already feel the regression.

• Locked thread