Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Accident Underwater posted:

I'm ready to go way overboard picking him in spring, I can already feel the regression.

Astudillo is going to be my catcher in every league next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Barnes and Kimbrel gave up SEVEN runs today. Thanks Red Sox! :thumbsup:

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I expect Mondesi to regress and do something like .265/.300/.420 with 15-20 homers and 50+ steals. That's still really good

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This is really good. even though I lost I was surprised how the winner got like 2 replies and 1 like in our league facebook group.

Hah I have a second league I do that's AL only where I had:
Carlos Correa
Gary Sanchez
Josh Donaldson
Miguel Sano

went into that league feeling pretty good. Probably one of the best collection of busts assembled. Had Ohtani pitcher too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

And now Otto decides to bloat my ERA further. My setup guys are really letting me down this week. The Ks were nice though.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Fast Luck posted:

This is really good. even though I lost I was surprised how the winner got like 2 replies and 1 like in our league facebook group.

Haters and losers

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Anybody in a H2H league playing against Dahl this week?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Whit Merrifield is a god drat hero.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

My money league championship is super close in almost everything. :pray:

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My money league championship is super close in almost everything. :pray:

Your leads are bigger, at least. Who gets tiebreaker?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Accident Underwater posted:

Your leads are bigger, at least. Who gets tiebreaker?

He does. :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Moneyball posted:

Anybody in a H2H league playing against Dahl this week?

I'm not but lol goddamn

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I was shithouse drunk last night and remembered to start Miles Mikolas exactly 1 minute before the Cardinals game started. :rolleye:

coronaball fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 29, 2018

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Yelich is loving killing me.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So, Trout or Mondesi with the first overall pick? Tough call IMO.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I shudder to think of the top 10 next year. Watch it be like Trout - Mookie - Jose - J.D. - Yelich with guys like Arenado/Bregman/Blackmon/Stanton falling to the second because they only slashed 100/30/100

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Lindor and Machado should go pretty high. Acuna too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I think the only thing I have to worry about is him having a monster TB day tomorrow and somehow catching me there.

I've got another W coming from Strasburg as soon as the game is over. He has no starters left. I still have Flaherty who I can sit.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I took him in every league last year and he killed me. This year I met him in the playoffs, and he's killing me.

Please stop, Yelich. :qq:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I think the only thing I have to worry about is him having a monster TB day tomorrow and somehow catching me there.

I've got another W coming from Strasburg as soon as the game is over. He has no starters left. I still have Flaherty who I can sit.

Should I sit my pitching here? I'm worried he's gonna catch me in TB.

Here is our offenses side by side for tomorrow.

Aaaand the pitching:

He has no starters left. I'm not overly confident in my relief pitching.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 30, 2018

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I'm about to lose the championship round after going 21-1 in the regular season.

:smith:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

regular season champion should always get some sort of runner-up type recognition because winning the regular season is actually far more representative of a good team than winning the playoffs. BUT if you get rid of the playoffs the season becomes a slog and theres no reason for 90% of the league not to check out, so you gotta deal with em. nevretheless yeah thats why regular season champs reserve some R E S P E c

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Split the money between playoffs and regular season. That's what my league does. Although I'd rather get rid of the playoffs altogether.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Hell, same.

I'm barely trailing in my finals and I'm tied in holds. I had too many starters going today so I had to bench two relievers. I benched Neris, and if that hold ends up costing me the championship tomorrow AND the Cubs finalize pissing away the division, I'm going to have a really rough day.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/billplunkettocr/status/1046292892715638785

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I feel that Dave Roberts has one of those carnival games with the darts you throw at the balloons. He has players’ names in the balloons and keeps throwing darts at them until he gets a legal roster then just rolls with it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think Dave Roberts knows what he is doing, or he's getting some insane loving instructions from upstairs like 'play David Freese over Max Muncy'

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
In my main league I came into today with a nine point league in the standings. I’m sweating cos my team was 0-for (before Lindor’s home run) and I’m dropping points in BA like crazy.

Will this horrible season never end?!?!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Oh look a Willson Contreras dinger! :unsmith:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
gently caress me. I'm literally going to lose the finals because of that ridiculous Alcantara start. Trailing by 4 K's and tied in QS's. My team was far and away the best team all season, too. At least I get money for best regular season record and second place, but still. JFC

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

As long as Hicks or CarMart don't enter the game and blow my ERA up by .6, I will be winning 4 championships out of 5 leagues, and $225 in cash money. :snoop:

edit: NEVERMIND! That Shaw dinger was the nail in the coffin in my money league championship! :woop:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 30, 2018

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The stats from the 163rd games dont count toward fantasy, do they?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

coronaball posted:

The stats from the 163rd games dont count toward fantasy, do they?

Nah its over.

I'm still in awe that I just won 4 golds. Easily my best season ever.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Felt like it was by the skin of my teeth, man. Sale's "injuries" really had me scrambling for pitching, hence the mediocre ERA. gently caress you forever, Nick Pivetta and Vince Velasquez.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
My league ended last week but my team would've had 19 SBs this week. Mondesi/Villar/Merrifeld

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Won the championship if my first roto league :neckbeard:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Final standings for the Fire and Forget league!

and to show just how close it got at the end

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was up by maybe 5 points heading into yesterday. He had SEVEN starters going.

I had Rich Hill

Rich Hill outscored all 7 of his guys by himself

I owe Rich Hill a beer, he won me a couple hundred bucks

I would also like to buy beers for Blake Snell and Tommy Pham, while issuing a hearty gently caress you to Clayton Kershaw and Joey Votto, my top two picks, for being kind of lovely

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Well, he may be making $37 million this year, but one thing he won't earn is bewbies' respect, and really, what is money anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

IcePhoenix posted:

Final standings for the Fire and Forget league!

and to show just how close it got at the end

It was even closer than that makes it look, we were tied for a good chunk of the day yesterday.

• Locked thread