Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Is there a way to set an IP MINIMUM in Yahoo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Moneyball posted:

Doesn't wanting to win discourage going much lower than everyone else? If winning ratios and saves with 12 points but getting 1 in wins and strikeouts isn't punishment enough, you can add starter only categories.

I have QS and CG, but also saves and the rest are ratio categories, so you could go 1-1-12-12-12-12-12.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

After a league has already been created and has had teams join, ca I change it to a keeper league? Don't see that option on the app.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Anyone interested in joining a $50 buy-in keeper Yahoo league? My friends and I do one each year but need as competitive a league as possible.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/4698/invitation?key=4b20e28d11dbfebf&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=2e4727b0f12be2ba

Brodeurs Nanny fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 24, 2018

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

https://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/4698/invitation?key=4b20e28d11dbfebf&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=2e4727b0f12be2ba

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I may be interested. What is the team that's being offered? Or is it a startup keeper league? What are the keeper rules?

And out of curiosity, why is there a MI but not corner infield?

Might add a CI, was thinking of doing so.

It is a startup keeper league, the first time we are making it a keeper league, and I am still figuring out how to do keeper stuff in Yahoo. I think once we get a full league, we can all agree on rules, but I was thinking something like having options, where you can either keep 4 hitters and 3 pitchers or 5 hitters and 1 pitcher. Something like that.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Asking one more time - anyone interested in joining a leaugue me and my friends do every year? For the first time, we are doing a keeper league and it's a $50 buy-in. We are looking for more players - 8 confirmed teams signed up, with 2 or 3 more in the works, but we want to do 14, and at least 12 to get going. It's ROTO.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

A goon is in! We have 11 teams!

Keeper league and it's a $50 buy-in ROTO.

https://baseball.fantasysports.yaho...e4727b0f12be2ba

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Draft is soon and I am out of the loop on young guys who have won jobs on their teams who look like steals. Quick guide?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

OK, so a $40 buy-in keeper ROTO league draft just ended! Most went heavy on starting pitching, I went heavy on offense and wound up with a pile of poo poo for a starting rotation, but I hope my relievers can balance it out and that Kopech is a stud. 6 keepers per team.

Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG and IP, CG, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, QS, SV+H

C Ianetta
1B Smoak
2B: Ramirez
3B: Donaldson
SS: Gregorius
CI: Moustakas
MI: Moncada
OF: Trout
OF: Buxton
OF: A Garcia
Util: Hicks
Util J Martinez
BN Conforto

Rotation:

Ray
Richards
Cobb
Happ
Samardzija (DL to start)
Mengden
Kopech

Relievers:

Knebel
Allen
Kela
Robertson
Madson

Gonna pick up another reliever once Samardzija is on the DL. How'd I do? I feel like my lineup is really good, especially since I got Conforto quite late.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Thoughts on Mike Minor? I remember he came up as a starter with a very high ceiling but got lit up and revived his career last season in the pen with the Royals.

Texas is using him in the rotation and he had quite an acceptable start against possibly the best lineup in baseball to start his season.

I like Minor and I like his metrics from last year and I've taken a flyer on him. He is also eligible in the RP slot.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I have Heaney. I love his stuff and think if he is healthy that he will be a valuable starter all year.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Heaney was encouraging... he really got jammed up by one inning but looked otherwise pretty drat solid. I think he will be pretty good moving forward.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

So should I buy low on Luis Castillo? Seems like he should turn it around a bit and I have a plethora of hitting and trash starters... I could deal someone like Justin Smoak for him.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Remember a few years ago when Votto was terrible until July and everyone wrote him off as declining hard and then he hit almost 500 after the break en route to one of his better seasons?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Sweet, just did the Smoak for Luis Castillo trade in my keeper league. J-Mart slots into Smoak's spot and now my rotation is Ray, Richards, Castillo, Samardjiza, Heaney, Pivetta, Minor, and Happ. And I have what I think is the best lineup in the league even without Smoak.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I hope this is Moncada beginning his breakout season, as well as that Buxton doesn't pull his bullshit this year and hits more like he did in the second half. I have Trout/Moncada/Buxton in my keeper league.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

GLEYBER

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

I know he had a .392 BABIP last season but I am close to dropping Avisail Garcia... dude has NO walks in 70 plate appearances, his strikeout rate is way up, and he looks like trash.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

He's running a lot to start, he could definitely do a 40HR 30SB season here.

Also, it really does look like Moncada is turning a corner, I'm glad I drafted him in my keeper league.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Moncada

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Is Price legit again?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Luis Castillo wtf

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Oh my god my pitching. I pick up Mengden because he has upside and has good rate stats. He gets shelled. I started Richards against the Yankees hoping he'd deliver because I need innings and QS, he's in the process of getting shelled. Pivetta got shelled. Yesterday I started Teheran and Castillo. I have SIX quality starts for the entire season.

Brodeurs Nanny fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 29, 2018

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

How long until Kopech gets his shot? He's pitching very well this year.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

Mengden might have a big season overall, but you can't loving stream against the Astros dude.

I know, I'm just desperate because I'm last in innings pitched and quality starts and had nothing to lose.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

My pitching has been a poo poo show but I am not panicking. My league has rate stats and QS over wins. My staff:

Ray
Richards
Samardjiza
Castillo
Pivetta
Happ
Mengden
Minor

I may not have a big time ace but I think that is a very solid group and it has to get better.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If Byron Buxton seriously pulls his "hit .185 for 3 months and then explode in August and September" again I am gonna be pissed.

Anyway, nice to see Garrett Richards finding himself, he's down to 3.47/1.22 with 53 K's in 46 IP.

I'm that guy who had loaded offense with poo poo pitching (also bad luck). I traded Smoak for Luis Castillo when Castillo was terrible and that looks to be a nice buy-low for me. I also just traded Didi for Dallas Keuchel; Didi gets replaced at SS by Gleyber and my infield isn't going to miss him (Donaldson, Moustakas, Moncada, Escobar, Jose Ramirez still remain, with Belt and Jose Martinez capable of CI spots) and Ray is almost back from the DL. Also, Keuchel has good value because we count IP, QS, and CG.

With everyone healthy, my rotation (we include rate stats too):

Ray/Keuchel/Richards/Castillo are the top 4
Pivetta/Mengden/Skaggs are my 3 younger guys having excellent seasons
Rounded out with Jack Flaherty (pretty high on him to give me solid numbers) and a recovering Steven Matz.

I'm pretty happy with that pitching now, and trading Smoak+Didi for Castillo+Keuchel seems fair on both sides, since I still am gonna have a top 3 offense - it's top 3 now and that's without Buxton doing anything and without Moncada for a stretch of time. And yes, I have Trout.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Juan Soto promoted!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

JACK FLAHERTYYYYY

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Should I trade Donaldson for Devers in a ROTO league counting R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG/OBP/SLG? I am getting really weary of Donaldson, he's 32, been injury prone, and I like Devers' chances of having a better second half. Am I delusional?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Should I trade Donaldson for Devers in a ROTO league counting R, H, HR, RBI, SB, AVG/OBP/SLG? I am getting really weary of Donaldson, he's 32, been injury prone, and I like Devers' chances of having a better second half. Am I delusional?

Update, this was officially offered to me. Yes?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

It is a keeper league but my lineup is amazing and Devers will not be a keeper (I have Trout, JRamirez, Gleyber, Moncada, Moustakas, JMartinez, Soto, Buxton if he finds himself, etc). I am afraid of Donaldson having a crazy couple months and Devers has been meh this year but still has 9 homers and 27 RBI because he plays in a great lineup.

I'm pretty torn!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Man the Cards' rotation is disgusting with Martinez healthy. Mikolas, Flaherty, and Reyes!

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Moneyball posted:

Who was going to trade Donaldson for Devers so I can know who to apologize to?

Moneyball posted:

Who was going to trade Donaldson for Devers so I can know who to apologize to?

Me, I didn't do it.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

How close are Eloy Jimenez and Michael Kopech?

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Bregor posted:

In a vacuum I’d always take a hitting prospect over a pitcher. TINSTAAPP etc.

It really depends on your team makeup, if you need pitching Kopech is quite good. People get scared about innings caps, roles, or injury risk, but talent always plays. Wouldn’t surprise me if Kopech could have a Buehler-like impact in fantasy.

Hah, I meant how close are they to being called up since the Sox are trash

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

In a ROTO league which includes slash stats. I suppose the question is: what's with Marcell Ozuna? He's hitting less flyballs and his HR rate is really low. Should I buy low or does he look lost?

I have Cody Allen as my only closer and am trying to deal him, and I got offered a deal involving Allen+Conforto for Ozuna+??. He is trying to make the deal us trading Escobar for Cozart but I have no use for either player and I want to make it 2 for 2.

But comparing Ozuna and Conforto seems moving sideways, since Conforto is heating up and was terrific last year as well. Thoughts?

EDIT: He clearly needs an INF and asked for Escobar. I am thinking of offering Donaldson+Allen+GRichards for Ozuna+starter.

Brodeurs Nanny fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 1, 2018

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Hmmm, OK. ROTO with slash stats for hitters, IP and rate stats and SV/HLDS as a category for pitchers.

ME
C: Gattis
1B: Belt
2B: JRamirez
3B: Moustakas
SS: Torres
MI: Moncada
CI: JMartinez
OF: Trout
OF: Conforto
OF: Soto
Util: Reynolds
Util: Donaldson
BN: Escobar
DL: Buxton

Rotation
Keuchel/Mengden/Richards/Castillo/Pivetta/Flaherty/Skaggs
DL: Ray

RP
Betances
Robertson
Green
RRodriguez
Allen

HIM
C: Maldonado
1B: Freeman
2B: Cozart
3B: Solarte
SS: Segura
CI: Moran
MI: Lowrie
OF: Haniger
OF: CSantana
OF: Ozuna
Util: Lamb
Util: Choo
BN: Descalso
DL: Reddick

Rotation:
Kluber/Carrasco/Quintana/Fulmer/Cahill/Velasquez/Teheran

RP:
Hader
Reed
Steckenrider
Giles
DL: AMiller

So, his offense is hot garbage and he has some starters. I feel like I don't NEED to do a trade, but I am punting the saves/holds category and have a plethora of infielders.

Right now, I counter-offered with Donaldson/Allen/GRichards for Ozuna/Carrasco.

Do you guys think Ozuna will bounce back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Moneyball posted:

I have no faith in Ozuna and I never have. I took him ahead of Benintendi in the one league I'm in, and I'm regretting it. I'd rather have Haniger.

Am I reading that correctly in that there's no W or K, and IP is counted?

I wish someone would offer me Berrios for Mondaca. He's on my bench and I offered him and Matt Olson to someone for Joey Gallo and Yolmer Sanchez

Yes to those categories. Interesting about having no faith in Ozuna. Getting an ace back would be worth the gamble, but what makes you say that after the year he had last year, and the progression upwards he has demonstrated?

• Locked thread