Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

Applied to the guild as mst

Added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Please vote if you see me in the competition, I spent all my pretend money on this outfit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I will vote for you.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Saw there was a guild opening so I sent in my request as Clara Nette. (name is stupid, I'm so so sorry)

e: In the competitions, where are people getting these giant obnoxious background items? because I want one

Zoe fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 20, 2018

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
The giant flower background items? One of them came with the Chinese opera suits they sold for real money last month and the other came with a suit during the last big event. Don't remember if that suit was from spending real money or dumping diamonds into the event though.
Tl;dr: :10bux:

Also, saw this on the LN subreddit the day

21st Cherry boy fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 21, 2018

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Zoe posted:

Saw there was a guild opening so I sent in my request as Clara Nette. (name is stupid, I'm so so sorry)

e: In the competitions, where are people getting these giant obnoxious background items? because I want one

Gotcha. Seems like any opening gets a lot of applications now, so I’ll update the OP to let people know to make a post like this.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
A game all about being the prettiest princess? Heck yeah!

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
'Wryan' your Avatar suit gets more incredible each time I look at it, I aspire to be more like you one day.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
The thing I do is, when I get a new piece of clothing, I put it on.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm having an awful, no good, bad work day but at least I'm doing the best I ever have in any competition?? I don't like the choice of dress but Everytime I chose a more subtle one I'd only get up to 70% or something stupid like that :/

EDIT: As soon as I say that I start dropping in percent. Please why?! I'm too scared to resubmit.

GenericGirlName fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 23, 2018

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
You'll almost always drop some, because there are a significant amount of people who just resubmit, either not changing their outfits or making them a little more like the top 20, until they luck into the top X%. You should really fight the feeling that your percent judges how well you did at something, because your percentage can turn out wildly different without changing anything about your submission, andthe final results end up measuring something much weirder than an aesthetic contest.

My previous submission in this contest had me in top 22%, I changed the hair and resubmitted to make it to top 1%, then has been dropping slowly since.

I don't mean to take away from the feel-good of achieving a new personal best, just don't want people to feel bad as they watch their percentages drop.

Edit: That submission is super pretty!

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
It's pretty funny seeing those who stuck to the first theme vs those who changed it to the new one.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

my entry for the first theme got me into the top 1% and it's only dipped a couple of percentage points since then, the dev team will have to take this score from my cold dead hands

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
My roommate convinced me to resubmit bc it's stamina time. I did ten minutes ago and am terrified. What if I've ruined my chance at 15 more crystal roses!! :argh:

Edit; ok I immediately got to 38% so when my ten minutes is up in will resubmit with better make up because I forgot to change it. 1.5 hours of high traffic should be enough...

GenericGirlName fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 24, 2018

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Why exactly did the theme change the other day? From the flower one or whatever it was to Astral Clocktower.

The current one is basically just 'put on your super agent set: the contest' I've been seeing an amazing number of women who would be really, really bad at hiding the fact that they're spies.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Zoe posted:

Why exactly did the theme change the other day? From the flower one or whatever it was to Astral Clocktower.

Maintenance(? maybe just patching) resets the competition theme, there was a post somewhere about it. I somehow still ended in top ~10% for that one despite never actually changing to the new theme. Top 1% on this one despite going lazyass super-agent-with-different-hair-and-Iron-Willed-Whip because I was at work on break when I remembered to set it up, I guess there's a pretty sizeable contingent of people that just vote according to who did it "right" and not how interesting the outfit is.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Yep I've tried like 4 different outfits trying to do something interesting and I'm currently top 80%...guess it's time to throw on the same outfit as everyone else

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
My "same as everyone else" submission has me in the counting numbers right now. Highest I've been this late in a contest.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Made the mistake of not binding my account and that update just wiped my data :smith: . I was Ava Gant (sorrynotsorry) but I think that account is dead and buried now.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Email customer service asap they can usually restore your account! Good luck! :smith:

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
You might have a hard time reaching customer support, because right now currently 99% of everything is hosed.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Oh good point I didn't even think of that :( uhh try tomorrow?

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

So, under the assumption that I'm ever able to get my account back, is there a way to bind my account that doesn't involve facebook? Like, can I just use an email or something?

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Yes, the new update has email binding now.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Uh...my account seems okay, but I don't have Facebook and I'm terrified now, what do?

I'm using BlueStacks, maybe there was a delay in the update going through? I really really don't want to lose my pretty clothes but loving hell, I'm 34 years old and have stubbornly refused to ever have a Facebook account at any point in my life and I'm not about to start now.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
You could make a fake empty account for gaming purposes :shrug:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

21st Cherry boy posted:

Just went poking around and apparently this update didn't go through for Android accounts yet? So ugh, I don't know, maybe I will tomorrow. Either way at least I haven't been playing as long as some of the other people who I'm sure lost hundreds of their prettiest princess dresses.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007

They must have fixed things. I'm able to log in again on Android. Can't bind a mail account if it contains a period before the @, so I had to make a throwaway.

In any case, I applied to join the Suede Stasi. User ID "Oren Rayer."

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Katsuma posted:

They must have fixed things. I'm able to log in again on Android. Can't bind a mail account if it contains a period before the @, so I had to make a throwaway.

You are in.

Crosswell
Jun 7, 2007
Lying in a Bombay alley
Just started playing. Love it. I applied to the Suede Stasi as “Tawnee” . This is probably the first game that I join the guild.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Crosswell posted:

Just started playing. Love it. I applied to the Suede Stasi as “Tawnee” . This is probably the first game that I join the guild.

You are also in.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Katsuma posted:

If you're using gmail then periods before the @ are entirely cosmetic. abc@gmail.com is the same as a.b.c@gmail.com.

This does not apply to all e-mail providers but does for gmail.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007

FillInTheBlank posted:

If you're using gmail then periods before the @ are entirely cosmetic. abc@gmail.com is the same as a.b.c@gmail.com.

This does not apply to all e-mail providers but does for gmail.

Huh. I never knew that. Kinda wish I didn't already bind my account to a throwaway, but c'est la vie.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

21st Cherry boy posted:

That's what I ended up doing. Still lost my old stuff but lesson learnt.

I will have my dresses again, Dress up Queen! :argh:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Is there any point to furnishing a house? Like, does it get you anything but a cute house to look at?

I seem to have acquired like 1200 of those tickets for it somewhere but that whole area of the game is just kind of of meh for me.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
No, as far as I'm aware, it doesn't feed back into any other systems. Once I realized your clothes didn't even appear on your doll in your house it started seeming pretty pointless to me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
On the other hand, my house is now full of cats.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I applied to the association as Envy.

Also I apparently regret not doing all of the Princess levels available to me every day.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Welcome to our quiet and friendly team of dress-up queens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Oh my god, I didn't realize there was an SA thread here. I'm so excited to have people to share dresses with and complain about naked cash grabs. I'd love to join the association, do I have a cooldown timer if I leave my current one?
Also, how do I remove people from my friend list? I'd actually like to give stamina to goons :3:

• Locked thread