Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Sensenmann posted:

You don't need the code pieces. You don't need to decrypt the whole thing yourself. All you need is a nuke keycard and this:

https://roguetrader.com/

Codes change every week, starting on mondays, but are the same for everyone.

Oh nice! Thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tankbuster posted:

whens the update supposed to come out?

9AM Pacific.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Ok, I have been playing FO76 and having a good time. I did the Army Training and got the Army certificate. It said to be a citizen you need to go to the DMV. So I went to the DMV and couldn't figure out how to get an ID. Is that something you can actually do?

Ah, one of the greatest quests ever. Heh.

If Recruitment Blues is active and you have the Soldier ID in your inventory (not your stash), then the DMV Application Terminal in the lobby (I think that's the name of the terminal, been a while since I did the quest) should at some point ask for your Soldier ID. Proceed from there.

If the terminal ain't working look if there is another one. Alternatively, jumping to a different server might do the trick.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

It really helps to remove all active quest tracking except for the DMV quest. There's some... things... you need to do which are actually marked, but if you have 20 other quests active it'll get lost.

Finishing that stupid DMV quest was the highlight of my whole leveling career.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
The whole quest chain can bug out if done out of order but once Defiance has Fallen and Back to Basics are done it should unfuck itself again. The most important thing is to have the Soldier ID on you, not in the stash. It just doesn't work if it's in the stash.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Kaddish posted:

I did have some, but I don't know about 20. It was kind of confusing. I got overwhelmed and quit the game. (I have some work to do, gonna start again in a few)

The game runs surprisingly poorly maxed out given how it looks.

Ah yes, you should start with 6 card packs at lvl 20. I forgot how rare they were :shobon:
In addition to the 19 you should be able to choose outright (open the packs first if possible to not get dupes so early)
Guess it's time to choose a build. What do you wanna do? There's auto rifles, semi rifles, handguns, melee, shotguns and bows I guess.
Heavy weapons are best used with power armor only, you can switch to that a bit later if so desired.

Playing sneaky breeki is painful before lvl 35 because you need Escape Artist (aka Silent Running in the older games)

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 25, 2024

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

So I currently have a 14.5GB Fallout 4 update downloading..

EDIT: Seems like it's live across the board.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

sauer kraut posted:

Ah yes, you should start with 6 card packs at lvl 20. I forgot how rare they were :shobon:
In addition to the 19 you should be able to choose outright (open the packs first if possible to not get dupes so early)
Guess it's time to choose a build. What do you wanna do? There's auto rifles, semi rifles, handguns, melee, shotguns and bows I guess.
Heavy weapons are best used with power armor only, you can switch to that a bit later if so desired.

Playing sneaky breeki is painful before lvl 35 because you need Escape Artist (aka Silent Running in the older games)

Thanks for the info! I chose Commando but was also considering shotguns.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
for fellow PS5 enjoyers: the version of FO4 you have installed is going to be the PS4 version, and it's going to have an update, but that's not the next-gen update, and is probably just the new Creator Club content and bugfixes

you want to go to the PS Store and get your free PS5 update, download that instead, and it's going to be a 56 GB install

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

sauer kraut posted:

I heard in about 3 hours.

Arc Hammer posted:

9AM Pacific.

Bumhead posted:

Believe it's 3 hours from now.

Thank You!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
How the hell do I get Fallout 4 in 3440x1440 (the native resolution of my monitor)

When it's set to Native it only gives me the option of 2752x1152

32:9 only gives me 1920x540
21:9 options are 2560x1080 and 1920x810
16:9 goes up to 1920x1080

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

for fellow PS5 enjoyers: the version of FO4 you have installed is going to be the PS4 version, and it's going to have an update, but that's not the next-gen update, and is probably just the new Creator Club content and bugfixes
Anyone have the full patch notes? The Bethesda site just says 'as well as other improvements and bugfixes' but doesn't say what they are.

Someone on the subreddit said the patchnotes were on 'the discord' but didn't say which discord.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
You can find our Patch Notes below:

New Creation Club Content Free for Everyone

Enclave Remnants

Some say the past is a scar, cut across the skin of the Commonwealth. Others believe it's a scab clotted over an unhealed wound. Those who fought the Enclave, and those who serve them subscribe to the latter. And when the scab is broken the flag of this old-world cabal will once more stand at full mast. Unless of course, you stop them first. Features the classic Enclave Colonel uniform and over a dozen workshop items! If you have other Enclave creations installed, some of these troops may use this equipment against you!
(Quest "Echoes of the Past" starts on the road north of Saugus Ironworks.)

Armor and Weapon bundle

X-02 Power Armor
Hellfire Power Armor
Heavy Incinerator
Tesla Cannon
Enclave Weapon Skins
Enclave Armor Skins

Makeshift Weapon Pack

Whether it be grenades or piggy banks, there's no shortage of objects you can transform into murderous projectiles with this collection of unique weapons. Included are two grenade launchers, a Nail Gun, Baseball Launcher, Saw Blade launcher, and piggy bank based weaponry.
(Quest "When Pigs Fly" starts at a merchant workshop northwest of Greenetech Genetics.)

Halloween Workshop

On the eve of the end, the New England Technocrat Society has thrown a spooky Halloween gala for anyone with the nerve to attend. Drop in on this fa-boo-lous pumpkin-lit soiree replete with witches, cauldrons, and ghouls, and unlock 38 new spine-tingling Halloween props to decorate your settlement! Includes new wearables, such as the iconic De-Capitalist helmet!
(Quest "All Hallow's Eve" starts by tuning into the Mysterious Signal on your Pip-Boy.)

Changes and New Features

Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.
*When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.
When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode
Release on Epic Store.
Widescreen and Ultra-widescreen support.
Steam Deck Verified
Added “Installed Content” menu.

Bug Fixes

Resolved issues preventing Japanese and Chinese users from connecting to Bethesda.net (this restores access to Mods).
Resolved issue preventing save data from properly loading during the prologue.
Resolved issue that could prevent the Vault 111 Door from opening on new games.
Resolved issue that could prevent the quest “Go Home” from advancing.
Resolved issue that could result in Codsworth being broken on the ground after fast traveling.
Resolved issue with mipmaps in DLC.
Resolved issue that could result in a softlock when in dialogue with Prestson Garvey.
Resolved issue preventing autosaves while fast traveling in Power Armor.
Fixed issue where text would occasionally disappear in the Creation Club menu.
Resolved issues with text formatting in the credits in Japanese and Chinese.
Resolved issue causing the camera to fail when leaving furniture after an extended time.
Fixed issue that could misplace quest markers while the VR Workshop Creation was installed alongside Automatron.
Resolved issue with player movement in some underwater areas at Thicket Excavations.
Resolved issue that could cause corruption within the Settlement system resulting in wrong resource counts and/or destroyed settlements.
Resolved issue where the “Level Up” notification would display even if there was not a level up available.
Fixed some flickering in Vault 111.
Stability improvements.

PC Only

Resolved issue preventing saves being made under Windows Usernames with Cyrillic, Chinese, or Japanese characters.

PlayStation Only

Resolved issue that could keep the Pip-Boy light on when reading holotapes.
Resolved issue that could prompt users to free up 0kb worth of space when attempting to save even if space was available.
Fixed crash that could occur while loading a save that was made immediately before dying.
Resolved issue that would prevent Codsworth from checking on Shaun in the intro.

Xbox Only

Resolved issue where users would not always be returned to the main menu after signing out of their profile.
Resolved crash that could occur if the player had unlocked all perks.
Fixed lighting issue that could occur during Airship Down.
Encountering a BNET error will now return you to the main menu instead of asking you to log in again.
Resolved issue that could result in significant drop in frame rate when a Gas Canister is ignited by a Molotov Cocktail.
Addressed some visual artifacts that could occur when dynamic resolution was triggered.

Creation Kit

Removed non-functional “Hot Load” button.
Removed non-functional “Material Editor” button.
Editor IDs longer than 99 characters will no longer crash the editor.
Resolved crash that could occur while viewing a quest’s Objectives tab.
Resolved hang that could occur while adding a reference to a layer.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Heads up on PS5. Downloading the add ons downloads both the PS4 and PS5 versions for some reason. Didn't have an option to choose and noticed two versions of each were in my queue.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Prestson Garvey

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I played F4 on release and wanted to play again now on Series X. Hopefully that patch makes it look nice, at first glance it seems somewhat anemic unless I'm missing something.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Im getting ready to help teh settlements :madmax:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Arivia posted:

Prestson Garvey

i hear theres a settlement that needs our help...

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Save yourself the download if you wanna play ultrawide (stolen from the Steam cesspit)
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....letterbox=false

Can't enter your name/make a new game.
The stretched crosshairs are just :allears:
Too bad I could't find a scope screenshot from an UW sufferer.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Lovin' these Sonic 06 loading screens

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god they fixed mod access for Asian Playstations

Love you Todd

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

sauer kraut posted:

Save yourself the download if you wanna play ultrawide (stolen from the Steam cesspit)

Can't enter your name/make a new game.
The stretched crosshairs are just :allears:
Too bad I could't find a scope screenshot from an UW sufferer.

Oh gently caress really? It's a next gen update but doesn't have UW support? Even with the ol fashioned .ini update?

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

gradenko_2000 posted:

you want to go to the PS Store and get your free PS5 update, download that instead, and it's going to be a 56 GB install

I don't have any FO4 currently installed, managed to find this, thanks. Do you then download the DLCs from the store after this main one is done?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

pootiebigwang posted:

Oh gently caress really? It's a next gen update but doesn't have UW support? Even with the ol fashioned .ini update?

No idea what that ini is about, I don't have UW myself.
Oh but apparently they also made it impossible to select your native UW res if windows desktop zoom is anything but 100%, just as a little bonus treat.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 25, 2024

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

sauer kraut posted:

No idea what that ini is about, I don't have UW myself.
Oh but they also made it impossible to select your native UW res if windows desktop zoom is anything but 100%, just as a little bonus treat.

Most Bethesda games require you to go into the .ini settings in the documents folder and manually input the resolution as it doesn't include the proper UW resolution in the game for reasons. It's still very dumb that they haven't just included it as a native resolution option in the game but I would hope the ability to fix it the old fashioned way isn't broken. I'll have to find out later after work I suppose.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’m confused, didn’t the patch notes explicitly mention ultrawide support?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So if you set your display scaling to 100% in the system control panel it will give you native resolutions.

I started a new game and it crashes after about 2-3 mins of walking around. Fresh game, no mods.

lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you still need to adjust graphics settings in the launcher menu and ini files?

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
Apparently the weapon debris crash bug is still in the game after years lol. If you are crashing on an RTX card try turning weapon debris to off.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Are there any graphical improvements on PC?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

It's called Fallout 76 because, when you see it, you do a 76 and walk away.

Yeah I did exactly that, I just loving hate the endless cycle of looting garbage for dead eyed NPCs

Anyway I’m like 30 hours into a replay of F2 for the first time in decades. I’ve done NCR, NR, Vault 15. I’m wondering:
am I locked out of becoming captain of the guard for VC because I went to NR early? Lynette won’t look at Bishop’s holodisk

What’s the best order for New Reno? I’m at the Kill Bishop for Westin stage of that one, the assassinate Salvatore for Mordinos, supervise the Enclave deal for Salvatore, and Sierra for the Wrights. I want the Wrights to win, so I’m figuring the best order would be to kill Westin, Kill Salvatore, and then just wipe out the Mordinos manually before going to SAB.

I’m also not sure what to do with Myron. He doesn’t have any options to help me with the Jet stuff because my doctor etc are too low, I think. Assuming I can’t get him to help Troy with the antidote is there a consequence to just killing the greasy bastard?

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

Do you still need to adjust graphics settings in the launcher menu and ini files?

Yes.

Also, it is Steam Deck verified, which means it skips the launcher menu when using the Deck (it still pops up on desktop). Since it does that, there is no obvious way to change the graphical settings from whatever they chose, and sun rays still cause the FPS to dip from the 60s to 40s at the start.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So it's a Bethesda update. You'd think after nearly 20 years of me playing their games I'd learn to temper my expectations a bit.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sauer kraut posted:

Buy this plan from one of the listed vendors https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Plan:_Handmade_gun
Craft and scrap as many as you can as you play, scrapping has a chance to unlock mods for that specific weapon.

You switch camps on the map screen. If it succeeds (the spot for the new camp may be blocked by another players camp) it's permanent until you switch again.
Just use it for fast travel, FT to your active camp is always free.

Coffee machine, popcorn machine, fusion core recharger (if you use them)
SPECIAL build slots are very convenient. You need one crafting one at least, two if you do a lot of base building. One with max CHA for selling stuff, and ofc at least one adventuring build :)

What Special cards do you mean, the base skills or legendaries?
For basic stuff obviously your weapon type (commando for the Handmade) and you probably want to sneak in the early game at least.
Real important ones are concentrated fire, hard bargain when selling/buying from NPC vendors, inspirational (always play in a team), gunsmith, Escape Artist perma must-have for any stealth, and many many Luck cards

Quote for my own reference

Pepe Arnold
Mar 9, 2024
How is the update on 4? I just started my first playthrough the other night on Xbox Series X. Is it a huge graphical improvement? I

Pepe Arnold fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 25, 2024

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

quote:

Editor IDs longer than 99 characters will no longer crash the editor.
Haha, Jesus Christ.

code:

char id[100]; // TODO is this enough?

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
I installed FO4 when I got my X because, hell, its on Gamepass and it had been a few years since I had played it on the PC, but I remember getting lost in some sprawling factory a couple of hours in and getting so bored I uninstalled.

But I enjoy Bethesda games, damnit, even Starfield, so I'm inclined to give it another go. People talk about Bioware magic suddenly pulling a game together at the last minute, and I think Bethesda has their own variant of that, one where each of their games manages to put me into a fugue state where I'm not enjoying the game, and understand that I'm not enjoying it, but will nevertheless spend hours bunnyhopping around environments cashing in quests

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I thought there was a 50% off deal on Fallout 1st available right now. Did they nix it or is it no longer available because I tried that limited free week?

Either way, boo hiss.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Megazver posted:

I thought there was a 50% off deal on Fallout 1st available right now. Did they nix it or is it no longer available because I tried that limited free week?

Either way, boo hiss.

There was for me. It was in the MS store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Kaddish posted:

There was for me. It was in the MS store.

It's gone on Steam.