Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
expecting absolutely nothing so I can't help but be pleasantly surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

This makes me cautiously hopeful.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Lolling at Bethesda not having any recent Fallout games to sell with this, though.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Walton Goggins as a Vault-Tec salesman turned ghoul dope fiend :allears:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Megazver posted:

Lolling at Bethesda not having any recent Fallout games to sell with this, though.
I think the original plan was to have a remaster of 3 and NV release alongside the show (76 is still cranking out assets from 3 and NV in the cash shop), but now the entire studio is scrambling to get a pulse into the very much D.O.A. Starfield.

So instead we're getting keys to all the games again in a reissue of the mini-nuke collectable.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Megazver posted:

FO4 PS5 update when

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

I wonder if we’ll get a moment where Jean recognizes him from cowboy movies she watched in the Vault?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Flesh Forge posted:

I feel like Amazon adaptations are very much "fine for what it is, not because of its relationship with the source material", but I'll 100% be watching for exactly this

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope the matt berry mr. handy sticks around

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Megazver posted:

I also like to believe that 76 doesn't exist.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the power armor helmet flipping up is uhhhh a decision lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Babe Magnet posted:

Unless you're The Mandalorian you're not allowed to hide your star's face behind a helmet in your show.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I mean also the power armor has changed looks multiple times, and in-universe a mechanic is modding and customizing them. why wouldn't a guy have a face shield that flips up so he doesn't have to take his whole rear end helmet off for a sip of water

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

They're probably not going to step into their suits through a videogame-convenient opening in the back in five seconds either.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mandrel posted:

I mean also the power armor has changed looks multiple times, and in-universe a mechanic is modding and customizing them. why wouldn't a guy have a face shield that flips up so he doesn't have to take his whole rear end helmet off for a sip of water

He's just mad his fancy crazy straw from Friendly's™ doesn't fit into the liquid-dispenser system

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Unless you're The Mandalorian you're not allowed to hide your star's face behind a helmet in your show.

they could just take the helmet off. running around in your power armor without the helmet is an established look in fallout.

it's not a big deal, it just seems like making more work for yourself (or your propmakers and armorers rather) for no reason lol. also it looks kind of stupid

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
There's a reason why actual heavy armor throughout history had visors. (When they didn't just leave the face open.) It's because taking off your helmet is, dangerous, stupid and inconvenient.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you're right, I have failed to consider the important realistic historical context in my criticism of the fallout tv show

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the iron man style flip up face on the classic fallout power armor helmet looks dumb as poo poo, don't care if it's realistic or not (it's not)

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'm cautiously optimistic about the Fallout show. At the very least, they have the aesthetic down.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Flesh Forge posted:

the iron man style flip up face on the classic fallout power armor helmet looks dumb as poo poo, don't care if it's realistic or not (it's not)

The classic fallout power armor is T-51b, you idiot, you absolute mouthbreathing rube.

Speaking of, trailer was better than expected. I am ready to be disappointed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Remove the extra bits welded onto the T60 and it's just an old T45 suit pretending to be more advanced.

T51B supremacy.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

Remove the extra bits welded onto the T60 and it's just an old T45 suit pretending to be more advanced.

T51B supremacy.

Hell yeah brother

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I won't be satisfied til we see someone's power armour with the Sugar Bombs paint.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Tribal T-51b from the Fallout 2 loading screen or bust.

dolphinbomb
Apr 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Liberty Prime is going to show up in the last episode because Bethesda can't fuckin help themselves.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

dolphinbomb posted:

Liberty Prime is going to show up in the last episode because Bethesda can't fuckin help themselves.

Voiced by Matt Berry.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nichael posted:

Voiced by Matt Berry.

I shall defend democracy from the evils that threaten New York Citaaaaaay

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arc Hammer posted:

I shall defend democracy from the evils that threaten New York Citaaaaaay

Perfect, no notes.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I would absolutely be down for another Liberty Prime rampage while he spouts 1950s Democratic dogma

But only if they use the Fallout 3 model with nary an update to its texture or animations

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

I would absolutely be down for another Liberty Prime rampage while he spouts 1950s Democratic dogma

But only if they use the Fallout 3 model with nary an update to its texture or animations

That might make it look less like a fan film.. or a live action trailer for the game stretched to however many episodes this is going to be.

I mean, can you tell I'm not a fan of the production design? Doing the one-to-one with the game makes it distinct but goddamn if it doesn't look like incongruent cosplaying using Bethesda merch.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

How else is it supposed to look? Of course it's going to try to stick to the aesthetics of the games as allowable within budget.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

yeah totally fine with them sticking closely to most of the original designs of the game, what's the point of redesigning a bunch of poo poo away from what most of the audience is going to expect?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tadashi posted:

I also like to believe that 76 doesn't exist.

fallout 76 was almost 6 years ago.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
buddy I have people telling me unbidden about their time with its latest update. "6 years ago" doesn't matter to the live service player base.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah totally fine with them sticking closely to most of the original designs of the game, what's the point of redesigning a bunch of poo poo away from what most of the audience is going to expect?

Yeah, I'm not saying redesign as much as, don't make it look cheap. The trailers just made me go "oh no" out loud several times. I also specifically hate the silly halloween mask Goggins is wearing.

That said, I'm looking forward to finding out what tone they are going for and if it is consistent.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

doomfunk posted:

buddy I have people telling me unbidden about their time with its latest update. "6 years ago" doesn't matter to the live service player base.

hosed up but i believe it.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Ugh. gently caress GaaS and gently caress fo76 and gently caress any Bethesda game that can't be modded.

Starting to feel the urge to go clank around Boston in some power armor though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I doubt it, but I hope Fallout London can come to PS4.