Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Manwithastick posted:

If I have the master infiltrator perk do I still need the lock pick and hacking cards?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Which is nice as it frees up several perk spots, and Master Infiltrator is a convenience must-have. Especially for the hacking. I've hated the loving hacking since 3.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
It's me, I'm the one person who likes hacking. :)

(Look for matching (), [], {}, <> to start.)

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Tried my first daily ops yesterday - so I could get the daily gold star - my god it was awful, I got killed like 90 times by regenerating scorched

Think I’ll stick to my expeditions

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Expeditions are pretty fun, easily solo able, and net some fancy new plans. Seeing a Daily Op as a daily is an insta-reroll for me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
much easier if you just make a public ops team and do it with other random people, especially if you're new to them.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Flesh Forge posted:

much easier if you just make a public ops team and do it with other random people, especially if you're new to them.

Yeah. Ops are a nightmare by yourself. Never do them alone. Even if you can handle it solo. They're so boring.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What’s the key to fusion cores? Is there a good way to keep a steady flow of them? I remember buying them from other players in the past but nobody seems to sell them anymore?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Manwithastick posted:

What’s the key to fusion cores? Is there a good way to keep a steady flow of them? I remember buying them from other players in the past but nobody seems to sell them anymore?

take over the power plant workshops, throw down a fusion generator (or complete the Powering Up mission when it starts but this seems to only work half the time for me), connect it to the fusion core generator
it'll make 3 before the box fills & it stops making more, so check it every so often

also the atom shop sometimes sells a core recharger so as long as you sub out before you completely drain one you can charge it back to full to further maintain your core supply

and of course all this ignores the fusion core longevity perk which is....iirc 3 INT for 2x core life, on top of switching to a VATS-less build bc VATS just devours cores

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

the legendary perk Electric Absorption
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Electric_Absorption

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Manwithastick posted:

If you use a weapon that has Fusion Cores for ammo in Daily Ops, your cup will runneth over

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It’s been a long time so I could be wrong, but I remember following some sort of route that allowed me to farm world spawn fusion cores easily.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I’ve found myself taking out cores as they are about to die and recharging them - I’ve become almost self sufficient in cores in about 2 days - just by keeping an eye on the levels I’ve managed to farm 15 already - have 2 on charge while you are out and about you’re golden

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Manwithastick posted:

the whitesprings donation box after I get frustrated at the 30+ cores not selling again at any price and dump them there to free up space

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i know it's my fault for setting up camp directly behind fort defiance for the lead deposit and less competition but can scorchbeasts please not be resilient it's a bit of a gently caress you

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I watched someone stream Fallout 4 from back at its launch and its so hilarious to see how insanely clueless people were about settlement mechanics.

Also, I now have the urge to start a new game and arm Sanctuary to the teeth, again.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Inevitably, its always the settlement building that drags me back into a new run of FO4. I really do wish there were more games out there to scratch that settlement building itch

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Moreau posted:

Inevitably, its always the settlement building that drags me back into a new run of FO4. I really do wish there were more games out there to scratch that settlement building itch

Yeah this is what got me hooked onto the game also

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
its kinda fun giving my guards minutemen uniforms and lever action rifles.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Jun and marcy get nothing but sack hoods and harnesses

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

forgot to use starched genes while messing with a rifles build and wiped most of my mutations before I noticed, oops. at least I found someone selling all of them after server jumping several times

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:

the paradigm shift posted:

the whitesprings donation box after I get frustrated at the 30+ cores not selling again at any price and dump them there to free up space

Sorry to bother, do you have any more? buying @85-100

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Catpants McStabby posted:

Sorry to bother, do you have any more? buying @85-100

not really someone cleared me out a few days after that post and I think I've only snagged a couple lately, good luck and hit up some of the mutated events with a gatling laser

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

sorry server I was on I just wanted to see the ultracite titan, I didn't care if we won

some rando I was helping do a silo didn't know about nukacrypt I guess and wasted a nuke keycard but it meant I got to nuke abandoned mine 2 without soloing it

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It's been a few years but I'm thinking of starting up FO 76 again. Is there a good source for builds that I should check out?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

It's been a few years but I'm thinking of starting up FO 76 again. Is there a good source for builds that I should check out?

Everything and anything is good enough for all content

I see most people doing low-health Unyielding builds with Commando automatic rifles (VATS, Bloodied weapons, etc.) or using Power Armor with heavy weapons.

Here's a build planner site - they make you join a Discord channel to see others builds though

https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76/character

Otacon fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 16, 2024

Morality_Police
Mar 25, 2015

Stranger in a Strange Land
Just got a code for a free copy of Atlantic City, I guess I'm gonna come back to the FO76 well for another sip. It's an expedition like Pitt, right? Last time I was playing was shortly after The Pitt got released, did chainsaws/auto-axes ever get nerfed? I need some sort of impetus to try a PA + heavy weapons build, and my vampiric chainsaw was such a fun, brainless way to play that it's hard to imagine switching gears now.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Morality_Police posted:

Just got a code for a free copy of Atlantic City, I guess I'm gonna come back to the FO76 well for another sip. It's an expedition like Pitt, right? Last time I was playing was shortly after The Pitt got released, did chainsaws/auto-axes ever get nerfed? I need some sort of impetus to try a PA + heavy weapons build, and my vampiric chainsaw was such a fun, brainless way to play that it's hard to imagine switching gears now.

AC currently features separate 2 expeditions - Tax Evasion and The Most Sensational Game. Both are a walk in the park compared to anything in the Pitt, and the Atlantic City ones give out more stamps for faster expeditions.

Rumor is that in March we'll get another AC new expedition.

Vamp Chainsaws still rip and tear and Auto-axes are still king of the hill. Only real melee nerf lately was that the Minigun Shredder builds are no longer a thing.

Check out the Holy Fire - a new unique flamethrower with a blue flame, which is already OP as-is but can be rerolled while keeping the skin and blue flame.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 21, 2024

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Seconding the Holy Fire rec, having just swapped to that from a shotgun Cold Shoulder build. It just melts everything it touches, DOps/expeditions give out ammo like candy & especially for a PA build the Batteries Included perk cuts the weight of fusion cores and fuel by 90% so you can just run around loaded for bear & never worry about it

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Ok so I’m around level 200 and was previously running a generic power armor build using Final Word. Maybe it’s just me, but it doesn’t really feel as effective as it used to. What are some good guns and/or builds to go for? I notice power armor doesn’t seem as prevalent as when I last played years ago.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

76 has a lot of armor options and by messing with perks and armor bonuses, you are still very tough without power armor. I've never run power armor, the other sets all offer up bonuses and you can even put jetpacks on some, like my current Secret Service set.
The only potential issue is running headfirst into a radiated zone as you lose that resistance, but I carry a set of Chinese Stealth armor if I need the protection.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, I rarely use PA because Unyielding is just so much better and at this point I can face tank absolutely everything in my Secret Service set, including Firestarters during Eviction Notice. At roughly 18% health. It's hilarious and not broken at all.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I’ll be glad when fasnact is over - I haven’t seen a nuke drop in ages and all other events seem like a ghost town to be honest

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Already-shaky server stability also goes to poo poo during these events weeks as so many like to afk the event and weird poo poo starts happening as the servers get 'older'.

And gently caress if I'll ever end up getting those glowing scorchbeast masks. Or the drat parade tune out of my head...

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Wee Bairns posted:

Already-shaky server stability also goes to poo poo during these events weeks as so many like to afk the event and weird poo poo starts happening as the servers get 'older'.

And gently caress if I'll ever end up getting those glowing scorchbeast masks. Or the drat parade tune out of my head...

Don't give up yet! I just got a Glowing Scorchbeast last night

This is my first Fasnacht and it's been very good to me. While I am AFKing while I sleep and go to work, I'm not getting any rares from doing it. Every rare mask so far has been while I've been actively participating.

Still missing
-Crazy Guy
-Loon
-Glowing Blue Devil
-Glowing Scorchbeast Queen

I think Fasnacht runs through Tuesday so here's hoping I can get at least one more rare before next year

EDIT: 12 hours after this post I got a Glowing SBQ, woo!

Otacon fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 2, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1765429872153756020?t=KXzms3hDTKLcR2ZbRZoqKQ&s=19

Listen to overseer Hank

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

lol that's great :allears:

I don't think the show can possibly be very good but man they have some ringers in the cast

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

lol that's great :allears:

I don't think the show can possibly be very good but man they have some ringers in the cast

Na I actually have faith that it is going to be good.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

They won't be adapting any of the games, so their plot will be original (for better or worse), and a good cast on top? There's definitely potential to be fun or funny teevee, maybe both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

MarcusSA posted:

Na I actually have faith that it is going to be good.

Yeah, everything I've seen and read leads me to believe this might actually be a banger.
If anything, they've definitely captured the look of the universe.