Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I keep stealth armor in my inventory but I rarely wind up using it outside “emergencies” (when I’m fed up with a quest, out of ammo, and tired of retrieving my loot over and over). I have one piece of leg armor that turns me invisible when I stop moving which more or less serves the same purpose for me most of the time.

One perk/mutation/whatever it is I don’t understand at all is that one that turns you invisible when you take melee damage. Once you’re getting melee hit by an enemy don’t they already know where you are, invisible or not? Like if you pop on stealth armor mid combat they don’t lose track of you unless you break line of sight, and usually not even then, they just keep beating your invisible rear end. Does that perk/mutation (I can’t remember what it is sorry) work differently or is it straight up a gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Sensenmann posted:

That's Cloaking, it's a legendary armor modifier and it's description is misleading.
It does work but it only works on other human players, mobs are unaffected. In short, it's a PvP only modifier.

ahhh that makes sense

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Taerkar posted:

Herd Mentality is a must have mutation. It works when you're on a team of one.

like, the one can be yourself?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

is there even a big demand for non-76 Fallout talk? this thread isn’t exactly flying with 76 talk, I’m sure it can accommodate anybody who wants to talk the other games

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Slayerjerman posted:

I reinstalled 76, had not played since I finished Season 3 (armor ace) some time ago.

What in the hell did they do to the optimization of this game? It's stuttering and struggling to maintain 30fps inside the rear entrance of WesTek. I never had this level of performance issues before.

Any pointers for me? Steam version on Win10... I already implemented lots of the ini tweaks, no mods, capped FPS at 60 with GeForce control panel... disabled ipresetinterval...I'm not sure what else to do beside uninstall this.

it’s not well optimized in general but right now there is some extra bullshit going on with some kind of duping bug they’re trying to figure out that’s lagging everything out

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

im just grinding out the scoreboard for that Mandalorian looking helmet

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I still can’t believe how this game went from utter utter loving trash to a fun fallout game I actually now want to play with my friend…instead of dreading it.

Like is their any decent YouTube videos (granted most wouldn’t do Todd the favor) like the ones on FF14 and No Man’s Sky about their redemption/not being poo poo anymore?

it feels like the common narrative is still that the game is unplayable/broken garbage unfortunately

it sucks because honestly as it is I think it’s the second best 3D one behind New Vegas. though I’m somewhat biased towards 76’ themes and setting, being a teamster’s kid from coal country myself. even that aside though, I think 76’s world, writing, voice acting, etc is way better than 3 or 4’s. and I enjoy camp building quite a bit

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I’ll be the dissenting voice and say I think 76, at least in terms of world setting and writing, is the second best 3D Fallout behind New Vegas (though there’s a massive gap there)

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah skip 3, 1 and 2 are great but may be too antiquated for you. just start with New Vegas. 4 is a lot of fun but the dialogue system sucks and there's few opportunities to talk your way out of things, the game is geared best to making your own fun, loving around, and shuttling from one shooting gallery to the next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I mean also the power armor has changed looks multiple times, and in-universe a mechanic is modding and customizing them. why wouldn't a guy have a face shield that flips up so he doesn't have to take his whole rear end helmet off for a sip of water