Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In FO76, are cross/bows viable long-term?
I much prefer low-tech weapons but after doing one event with them, I'm thinking not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Barf. I do like the harpoon gun, thankfully.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FO76 continues to endear itself to me.
I set up a way station near the bridge to Wayward and got a bunch of newbies to pass through, take some supplies and shower me in heart emojis.
The only reason I want to advance is so that I have more stuff to pass on.

Someone set up an advanced base near me, came over and dropped ten plans and a pretty cool gun.

I'm surprised at how generous everyone has been. Even the voice chat is chill.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Entorwellian posted:

I find it kinda weird that 76 starts you off with the ability to construct floors and roofs, but not walls? :psyduck:

I ended up buying a wall type with the atomic points from Fallout 1st, but really?

Huh?? I think you missed a menu.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I find the quests in 76 perfectly fine. The public events are the real draw, even though you're going to repeat those a lot.

The thing that keeps me playing is getting higher level so I can dump cool poo poo on newbies just exiting the vault. Yeah, you can't use this level 45 minigun yet but imagine what it'll be like when you can!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone have some great camp pics?
Building is the biggest draw for me but I keep changing my mind on layout.

I'll post my camp when I get home.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Those open dollhouses are exquisite.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Making a throwing knife only character in FO76 because my life has spiraled out of control.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh my God.
I just learned that once you place your CAMP down, you can freely move the module to wherever you like and the border stays the same.

I've been building around it this whole time!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FO76, I had no idea you could do some of these tricks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3pc1f3oYk

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just hit 50 last night and realized I never really specced in to a weapon class. I was mostly doing the sneaky sniper thing but didn't take any perks to help out my weapon damage.

Now I'm up against a lot of stuff that's not playing nice anymore...
I guess I'll just chain public events, toss around molotovs and leech xp until I can unlock those perks :negative:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wait, how do you put junk items in to the camp like shown in that video?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Well, they got me. Subbed to FO1 for a bit...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How are unarmed weapons in F076?
I like BIG PUNCHY.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morality_Police posted:

unarmed is fun, but you have limited weapon options. Get the legendary perk that gives VATS melee attacks a chance to explode for AOE damage, and become One Punch Man as you drive a powerfist through Scorched so hard they detonate.

Good to know. I don't mind low variety but I'll have to wait until 75 for that perk. I'm not giving up infiltrator after 50 levels of never taking a lock picking or hacking card.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone give me a Powerfist plan why the gently caress is it so expensive I'm so poor plz halp

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Been using a level 50 The Fixer that I rolled some decent leggys on and with a focus on VATS, I can't double tap the dome of any humanoid and almost always kill them.
Even with a +50% bonus to robots, they are still a huge pain in the rear end. If I'm patient and take out their inhibitor it's fine but that almost never happens.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sell common ammo for 1 cap/round.
Higher level players are beyond maxed on caps and will happily pay for the convenience.

I hunt recipes a lot and the dupes tend to sell well, along with apparel that's not super common.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ops are pretty basic. You do some stuff, kill waves, do stuff again, more waves.
The challenge is doing it as fast as you can, which is a real pain if enemy spawns refuse to cooperate.

They don't take long, thankfully.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I heart emoji'd someone's trans pride flag and they gave me a railway rifle with so much recoil I can't reasonably use it. loving love this game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dunno but I've only seen the robot rumble once and just caught the last 20 seconds. Seems fun.

Is there an online timer or are they random?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

shiksa posted:

i played 76 for a bit on ps plus and got it a couple weeks ago bc it was on super deal and drat, they really went and made this game fun as hell huh? im just... generally having a good time doing fallout type things. i love the setting, i love how it does some of the fo4 stuff but in a less annoying way, i know the early release complaint was nothing to do but this game is jam packed with stuff to do, and thats just counting actual quests and faction outposts, etc. it feels really alive.

good game

Yeah 76 is legit a good game now.
My wife is replaying 4 again and I'm slowly convincing her to join me in West Virginia.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Looks great!
I have a bad habit of making huge structures that I then don't have enough budget to decorate well.

Next build is going to have only a 3x3 footprint as a challenge of efficiency.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Highly recommend new players grab the modern lights (high-tech?) plan. It gives a bunch of great options, especially if you are merging to hide light sources.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone nuked Whitespring Mall, which was right next to my camp. First nuke I've seen and it was really surprising.
I snagged as many flowers as I could but didn't have the mats to refine them, so they all spoiled.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In 76 it doesn't matter the level of the items you scrap for the sake of unlocking mods, right?
I'm sitting on a mountain of mats and would love to blast through a bunch of these.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I hosed up really bad.

I had a 3 star Ultracite power armor torso with really good 2 and 3 slot legendaries.
Went to go replace the 1 slot and... gently caress.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

When does this current season end? I'm at rank 41 and desperately want the grass roof set but dunno if I have enough time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kinda hate that my carry weight in power armor is significantly less than without.
Crazy they don't at least factor in your backpack.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm getting quite annoyed at having to swap my build between combat and crafting.
I can't tell you how often I jump to an event and do no damage and die repeatedly.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Books On Tape posted:

Is it something you can solo? I always try to join but I never see anyone else and never really start it myself.

Technically you could but enemies are tuned to a full group and speed is the goal.
The rewards are nice if you can knock it out on 5 minutes.
But if you're like me, your Elder reward is a cowboy hat plan.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got bored in 76 of having the same kinda compound as everyone else so...

CHAIR WORLD

Why did I want to make a lovely furniture store?
I have a terrible sickness.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone give me your ballistic fiber.
I hate this grind.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If I buy junk from vendors, that's fewer caps I can spend on furniture plans!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It brings me great pleasure to announce that I picked up four more chair/couch plans and will be reworking this in to a much better store.
The resort chairs are really nice, not just by Fallout standards.

Also, literally all of my problems with 76 would be solved if there were vertical half-walls.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Books On Tape posted:

FO76:

How does stealth commando gameplay work? Rifleman was easy since it's one shot sniping, but automatic weapons have all sorts of recoil and it's noticeably more difficult to play unless I'm doing it wrong. Are you supposed to just use VATS the entire time? Is it not meant to be this long range?

Take Concentrated Fire and use VATS. Even at rank 1, CF will let you snipe while only wasting a couple bullets. Your time will be spent more in the mid-range popping heads on two shots.

I use a fairly mediocre Fixer and scream through enemies with maxed out Commando cards.
I like commando sniping more than rifleman because I get to use one gun for all content.

Just wish there was a way to auto-spend Crits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone toss me an Unarmed build.
Now that I have a fusion core recharger, I want to be Mr. Punchbot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Abraxo challenges seem very reasonable and I like the Pipboy paint a lot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got drunk and impatient and bought Atoms...
drat this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Books On Tape posted:

Are the FO76 season rewards generally 100% doable if you're getting all your daily and weekly SCORE things done? Or is it bullshit where you have to spend atoms to get it all? I havent been able to find when the current season will end.

Edit: Also sometimes I notice the little SCORE progress bar pop up when I havent completed a Daily or Weekly. Is there some other hidden progress you can make on this?

From what I've read, you can reasonably get everything with regular play. Spend boosters when you're knocking out weekly stuff, if you can.
Seasons don't have a definite end date until it's announced. They aren't on a firm schedule.

The progress bar can be delayed. The game suppresses certain notifications during combat and it can take a while for it to wake up again.