Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s july 4th in the UK, can I get that version of country roads yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Zerilan posted:

So is there much to do in nuka world if I'm playing as a good guy who would rather ally with minutemen than help the raiders, or does not being a raider basically mean the dlc is just a huge raider shooting gallery?

The latter. Wipe them out, all of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wish all those hours of your settlers hammering on bits of house, etc, actually did something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Sturges is my favorite character because he spends months trying to reattach a piece of siding to the house and is all like 'hey in between your horribly dangerous missions to kill raiders and recreate the Minutemen, could you maybe build some beds and water pumps? Also the tweaker wants a chair.'

“Look fucker, you just built a goddamn teleporter from a box of scraps. I think you’re more than capable of putting together some goddamn bedstand.”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I bet the Overseer/robot/tape tutorial quests take you over level 5.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I started a new game of FO4 (last time I played was just after Nuka-World came out) and apparently I forgot how hard it is when you’re in the early levels and can’t do anything yet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I started a new game of FO4 on XboxOne about a month ago, and I’ve noticed it’s a lot more crash-y than it used to be when I lasted played a couple of years ago.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

October 23rd. The day the bombs fell.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

everyone knows the end day is 1 oct

My birthday :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

<Terminator theme>

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’ve been replaying Skyrim recently after several years, and it’s still honestly amazing. I’ve forgotten a bunch of stuff since I last played, and I’m having an absolute blast. It really was lightning in a bottle, wasn’t it? None of the Fallouts Bethesda have made even come close.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fallout 4: New Vegas looking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Mnh9WIDCo

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

infernal machines posted:

I've been tempted to get it since it's out on Steam, but as much as I like farting around exploring the map, it sounds like the actual game play is tedious as hell, when it even works

The recent free weekend told me that that’s exactly the case.

They did a free weekend way back, not long after launch when it looked like they had the biggest turkey ever on their hands. It was a painfully obvious ‘please come and play’ gesture. The exploring was good with lots of new things to see, but it was just so empty. Fighting things was a pain in the rear end because constantly live = VATS not working how you want it to, but somehow it’s still better than just shooting from the hip.

So when they did this recent free weekend, I was interested to see what had improved, and really not much. Aside from now there’s people around the place. The same broken systems are still very broken. I plan on doing a long post about this at some point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I didn’t really get to fiddle with the CAMP stuff during the free weekend, and the game didn’t really provide any information about it. So, I set a CAMP, build up a reasonable base and whatnot. If I then have to move the CAMP, do the structures I’ve made all stay the same when I set down in the new location (providing there’s room), or would I have to rebuild them all over again?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/fallout/status/1276092797775470593

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ugh, just make 76 offline already. I just wanna walk around and explore and see some cryptids and have VATS work properly and not have to deal with lovely online mechanics and online stores and whatnot

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sad news. :smith:

https://twitter.com/NPurkeypile/status/1287167225879769088

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Free to play when

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MH Knights posted:

C. Doggles!

:hmmyes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Do we find out what happened to the Vault-Tec Salesguy?

:ohdear:

He never does a drat job again in his life. :argh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I bet my bf recently that FO76 would be a PS Plus game by the end of the year.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fallout 4 complete mod, Fallout London has a launch trailer. It’s a bit cor blimey guv, but I’m interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS-EQG0C1sM

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dogmeat finally got out of the way. :smith: Good dog, rest now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

In prep for Fallout London, I bought FO4 on steam (now making it the 3rd system I’ve bought it for). What are some essential mods?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I was wondering if Bethesda themselves would put something in game for River.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

God, pathing is still terrible on settlers. A bunch of them congregated in my tiny power armour warehouse, and then wouldn’t leave to sleep or go do their jobs or anything. I realised the tiny step up into the shed was throwing them, and now with one tiny stair down, they’ve all gone back to their routines. :cripes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh, Country Roads has vanished off the Apple Music store in the UK, so I can’t redownload it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

I shall defend democracy from the evils that threaten New York Citaaaaaay

Perfect, no notes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I doubt it, but I hope Fallout London can come to PS4.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, Fallout 5 is at least 2030 away.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Definitely not the first scene unless they immediately do a “well, how did we get here?”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got it when it was free on PS Plus, but have never actually started it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ah boo, I thought the series was going to be weekly drops. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

New Fallout 4 content! :toot: