Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

gradenko_2000 posted:

for fellow PS5 enjoyers: the version of FO4 you have installed is going to be the PS4 version, and it's going to have an update, but that's not the next-gen update, and is probably just the new Creator Club content and bugfixes

you want to go to the PS Store and get your free PS5 update, download that instead, and it's going to be a 56 GB install

I don't have any FO4 currently installed, managed to find this, thanks. Do you then download the DLCs from the store after this main one is done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Just started playing Fallout 4 for the first time ever (on PS5). I've been reading conflicting things about what happens when junk gets broken down automatically at the workbench for a particular resource - some people say the other resources are added to your stash, others say that they disappear and are wasted. Does anyone know which is true? The whole settlement building seems like a bit of a chore and I'd don't want to spend ages manually breaking down junk!

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

The extra unused components are added to the workshop inventory and are not lost

awesome, thank you!

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

henpod posted:

I now know how important frequent quicksaves are in FO4. Had a quest to go into the glowing sea to some army dudes, ran the whole way, got to the place, killed my way through, and then I had to take an elevator up. The moment I open the door, there are three power armour dudes there, who splatter me instantly. I tried drugs, being invisible, waiting until they walk away - it's impossible. Last save was an hour ago, so there goes that progress...

I was under-leveled though I think, so will cut my losses and come back later to kick their asses.

sounds like those dudes need some Fat Man lovin'

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Playing Far Harbor and jesus christ who thought THAT puzzle section was a good loving idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Dogmeat is my best friend. Don't suggest companions, for I am a Lone Wanderer. :clint: I'm open to any suggestions on cool side plots or if I should just follow the story.

The Far Harbor DLC is very cool and atmospheric, think Stephen King-esque small-town Maine with weird mutated sea creatures and the like. I am usually a Lone Wanderer & doge team but just for Far Harbor it's worth bringing Nick Valentine along instead as the story centres around synths.