Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Croup Manor is fun to decorate if you can get enough carpets to cover up the holes in the floor. I also like to use it as a Raider base if I'm raiderizing settlements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So running around in a pink frosting and sprinkles power armor suit is pretty fun. The brick walls and windows you get from the Slocum's Joe are also welcome in regular settlement building because they're nicer to look at than most other room types.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I've been getting saving errors in my PS4 version of Fallout 4 for the first time. I've played that game almost every month since its release and this is the first time that's happened. I've already tried deleting every single save I have and also rebuilding the database but it still happens on occasion.

Also it looks like it just updated, the next month's worth of Creation Club?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

There were still a lot of nice QoL things in Fallout 4 over 3 or New Vegas that I'm giving Bethesda a lot more credit. Making Power Armor a walking tank that you climb into was wonderful, removing weapon durability was nice, and making it so that all the junk and poo poo you find can be turned into crafting materials gave me a reason to be a hoarder for once.

Fallout 4's dungeons were also all pretty darn well designed. I'm still discovering the occasional new unmarked area in Boston and I only just now went through the Massachusetts State House which was frigging huge and I missed it before.

My latest jam is finding out which dungeons are different if you sequence break. Did you know Arcjet Labs has a totally different layout if you go there before you meet Danse? The walls and doorways are technically the same, but certain halls are blocked with junk and certain other doors are open which results in a completely different maze to navigate. You can find the magazine in there too, and lots of Protectrons. The implication of course is that the synths moved everything when they were ransacking the area but I like that a lot.

Another thing is that the Boston Airport is a ghoul-filled dungeon with a treasure box on top of the tower before the Brotherhood shows up. Neat.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 5, 2018

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Here's something else that's pretty neat. The Slocum's Joe Creation Club DLC? It doesn't just update that one location. EVERY Slocum's Joe in the game, even unmarked ones in the cities, have new stuff. Boxes full of donut mix, uniforms, donut fryers, etc... They put more work into it than I thought. The Switchboard's Slocum's Joe got a revamp for example.