Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm about to play Fallout New Vegas for the first time and was wondering if there are any mods I should download and install before playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

That was exactly the example I thought of when I first heard about Fallout 76 being a dumpster fire.

Didn't the original devs admit to basically squandering the FFXIV budget on hookers and blow? Then the replacement devs did an actual genuine and full apology (unlike Bethesda) and managed to restart everything?

what the gently caress ? No that did not happen. They just loving sucked at making MMOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs0yQKI7Yw4

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Roman posted:

Not trying to morally condemn anything (except bad business practices). I just think that launching nukes in a Fallout game should have some gravity to it, instead of a thing you can do over and over for cool loot but otherwise means nothing. A multiplayer Fallout could have worked fine without them.

I mean it literally means nothing anymore since Fallout 3 gave you your own mini nuke launcher.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lmao watch all of these people buy Elder Scrolls 6 anyway. bethesda won't learn poo poo from this

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I honestly feel bad for the team in Austin that primarily developed this game. Jesus Christ man lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Didn't Todd "sweet lies" Howard say this was the largest coproduction involving teams from all over Bethesda? Not that his word counts for anything, but he made it sound like everyone was involved here

There is no way that was actually the case lmao

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
There was a kotaku article recently defending Bethesda for still keeping its hosed up poo poo engine lmao. Just stop buying these games yall

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

It really isn't the engine, though; plenty of not-trash games have been made with gamebryo. Bethesda has never really bothered to tighten their games up because people were willing to accept their ridiculously unpolished poo poo (and even polish it themselves.) To put it another way, does anyone here seriously believe that they'd have done a better job with Frostbite or Unreal? The problem is Bethesda, full stop.

I mean yeah obviously that too

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

I'm not defending this game. I'm making fun of the histrionic nonsense people are spewing about 76. There is a difference.

Fwiw, I only threw down my :10bux: X 5 because I got all of Fallout 4 on sale for :10bux: X 5 total and spent 400 hours building virtual blanket forts. I wanted to give Bethesda some more cash to make games. But I guess the consensus around here is that there weren't enough dialogue options, so it must have been a really lovely game? I didn't realize that comparing the number of dialogue options were how we decided which video games were better, but here we are.

Did you create r/fo76filthycasuals

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

honestly who even is this twitter guy lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Perfect Potato posted:

As anyone with sense and the slightest bit of familiarity with Emil could realize he was being very, extremely, Genuine

Wow so these are the writers over at Bethesda huh. Suddenly everything about their games makes sense.