Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hell yes Andrew WK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not with a voiced protag. Too many lines.

The decision to make the main character 4 of An Actual Character and not just a player proxy was so dumb lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

camp slots are nice because you can slap them down and have free fast travel points to annoying areas that aren't covered by the already existing free points like the crater or whatever. I like keeping one up in the top of the mire due to all the dailies and insects you can find there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah it's a well known problem. None of the new events count for whatever reason. They added an 11th weekly to kill a bunch of mole-men to make up for it, but left the old one if you still want to try and knock it out.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

NofrikinfuN posted:

but you at least get credit for an event if you show up to defend with the owner, right?

yeah just confirmed this, I wasn't even in the owner's party and it counted for me

breech and clear hasn't given my anything in the past 3 runs so I just stand there now until it completes lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the coffee machine is actually a fantastic QoL upgrade yeah, easily one of the best ways to spend atoms.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

starfield is fine

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I hope the matt berry mr. handy sticks around

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the power armor helmet flipping up is uhhhh a decision lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Unless you're The Mandalorian you're not allowed to hide your star's face behind a helmet in your show.

they could just take the helmet off. running around in your power armor without the helmet is an established look in fallout.

it's not a big deal, it just seems like making more work for yourself (or your propmakers and armorers rather) for no reason lol. also it looks kind of stupid

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you're right, I have failed to consider the important realistic historical context in my criticism of the fallout tv show

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm not sure what would really need to be kept from the TV show. It's not like Fallout 5 won't have a new chapter of the BOS fighting a new strain of Super Mutants in a new junktown somewhere.

the showrunners probably got to see a lot of behind-the-scenes and pre-production stuff for 4/76/the next game so todd's just drawing a line on what they could use, I'm guessing

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_7jXPMu0Nk

what in the gently caress

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

didn't want to drag benny into this

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

not a big fan of the arm jets, even if it looked good (it does not lol)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

I've thought it looked ugly since the original trailer and nothing I've seen since has changed my opinion.

I don't know if I'd call it ugly, but something about it has looked off to me, since the initial reveal. Everything looks fake, not in a "lol wacky zombie man and giant bugs!!" way but more of a stage-play rehearsal behind the scenes footage way? I guess I'd like to see some footage from a scene that's trying to hook me (serious or not) rather than one that's just a parade of That Thing I Know From The Games

Arc Hammer posted:

I dont know how any of you can say that looks bad when it's clearly Walton Ghoulggins having a ton of fun listening to and looking at all the goofy stuff happening around him.

I feel like most of us detractors are fine with the concept of the scene, which is what you're describing, but the execution is rubbing us the wrong way lol

Also he looks fine, but imo they didn't go far enough with the ghoul makeup. I think he needs contacts or something

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah I get that, they're trapped between making a cooler, more accurate looking ghoul and casting walton goggins for him. I get it, but it's a trap of their own making, so it's hard to feel too bad about it lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

kind of getting the itch to play again, stopped sometime after they added nuka world. Did they add any more space to storage again?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

probably only slightly more often than when you do remember to change, bitch

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this one from FO3 will always be the best one

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

There's a ton of players that love to put up spare plans, especially the real basic stuff, in their CAMPs for super cheap, like 1 cap. But there's also a bunch of dickheads who run around and snap them all up even though they have them all already so they sell them in their own CAMPs for 100 caps lol. You just gotta check every CAMP, especially the fancy looking ones, and see if you've beaten the second group to it.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 5, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

last time I played it was cleaning out vendors every day, really. And sell stuff at your camp. Hope you get lucky with rare plans and cool legendaries lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

there is a way that isn't throttled (or at least, is throttled differently) - you can run around looting cap stashes, which are fixed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJd_Rip9tE

you can also do like, laps of the tadpole obstacle course for 50 caps each, but that gets old real drat fast

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you can solo them but depending on the mutation it's going to range from difficult to bullshit. The best time to do OPS is right after reset, but it can be hit or miss depending on if the server wants to let you in one. Just keep trying, you'll get one eventually. You can start a group and just wait for it to fill too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

just remember the 256 rule, gotta that many items before they start respawning for you. there used to be a big document on where to farm a bunch of things, I'll see if I can dig it up

e: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jnc0FQ3QgkUO6HZObeeGksDTPwno1Fa-Bt7uXeqWib4/mobilebasic

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 5, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's p much it. or get that mod that turns them red if you have on a special pair of glasses

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like to think it was an accident, completely unrelated to the bombs dropping. my man's dick got Final Destination'd. Death's plan.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if you can't really decide, you can't go wrong with Master Infiltrator imo. If you do a lot of lockpicking and hacking, even rank 1 of MI lets you attempt them all without needing the actual perks.

also yeah legendary int is cool too

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

i used to turn a lot of my excess materials into those same materials but inside newly created player's inventories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

As an also primarily melee player I always keep an SMG/a bunch of molotovs or something on me for public events filled with people rocking AoE, solely for tagging lol