Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I just installed Fallout 4 on an NVMe drive with zero mods and my load times are super long. Anyone know how I might be able to speed the load times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Borderless window caused my FPS to drop to 12 (from a steady 72 in fullscreen)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

In FO76 how much can other players gently caress with your base? (Assuming you're set to pacifist)

Also I was grouped with some friends and I was able to place stuff in their base, and then something changed and I wasn't able to. Are you able to build stuff in ally bases using your own materials? Typing this out I think in the middle there I may have set the party to public in between being able to place and not - was that the issue?

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 18, 2024

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Ok, I have been playing FO76 and having a good time. I did the Army Training and got the Army certificate. It said to be a citizen you need to go to the DMV. So I went to the DMV and couldn't figure out how to get an ID. Is that something you can actually do?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

In FO76 if you swap between camps does everything stay placed in them, and at the same location? If you activate the other one, the existing one respawns, but if you re-activate it will be there without having to re-place everything?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

The only thing that will alter the objects in your camp is moving that camp, and in that case, your building will be stored as a blueprint you can place down in a new location, unless you've done something that makes it impossible to place down in a new location, which you probably have if you've spent some time on your camp.

Display items (magazines, funkopops etc.) and special storage items (recharging fusion cores etc.) are bound to a specific camp, but if you build a display in your other camp you can choose to move items that fit in that specific furniture to your inventory and the new furniture.

Yeah, I realized that there was more than one camp reading this thread, but there is no way I would be able to put my base back down if swapping camps stored everything and had to be re-placed.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For FO76 "Friends in Low Places" and "A Solid Foundation", is that based on which faction you use for Vault 79, or can you get max rep via dailies and get both on the same character?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

the paradigm shift posted:

those two you can get that way yeah it's the who you side with one that's character dependant

Ahh I didn't realize there were separate achievements

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FO76

How do daily quest resets work? It doesn't really seem like they all actually reset? I haven't been able to do the Cooking Mama one in Whitespring except for the first time I did it.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I see that there is a Responders power armor skin. How often to Atom store items cycle?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The cooking mama mini game to get rep has never reset for me after a week and I was only ever able to do it the one time as part of unlocking expeditions. Any thoughts on how to get this unstuck? I've gotten some other refuge dailies but not that one.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Sensenmann posted:

Like, half of the Dailies don't auto trigger and will only show up as available when you get close to the quest giver location so if you haven't tried already FT to the Whitespring Refuge and see if it becomes available once you get close to Esme.

Yeah I've gone to talk to her times and she just says I should join her for dinner sometime. That's what I'm trying to do, Esme!!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Kaddish posted:

I just did a Daily Op and it was against aliens with freeze mutation. The Invaders could double tap me, I could take maybe 3 or 4 shots from the regular aliens. I died about 10 times before I quit. I could have managed it eventually but the Op seemed to go on and on.

Are they all like that? This was in regular Excavator PA.

This one was particularly hard. They are usually not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

bizwank posted:

Is it possible to solo the power plant event at L40? I need me some fusion generator plans

It's pretty easy to do it just takes awhile to find everything. You also don't have to actually get the powerplant online you can just claim the workshop and connect a power generator to the core generator