Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I put almost 250h into 4 recently with the Horizon mod. It Changes the gameplay to make settlement building quite necessary and actually fun because they can produce resources for you and it basically makes the code gameplay loop better. Doesn't touch Story or quests or anything. Also it has an elder scrolls style skills system where you get better at skills by using them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Out of all overhauls, Horizon changes the "base gameplay" the least imo and the story/quests are all intact and unchanged.

If you get the feeling of "I like the idea of building settlements but it has zero use/benefit" after playing the game for a while, definitely consider it.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Just a small warning, the difficulty / damage enemies will do jumps rapidly in the 40s so you want to focus your perks on one weapon type really.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Blockhouse posted:

When will the Mothman power armor paint return I need it

You can ask beth support you want it from the atom shop and they will give it to you and deduct the atoms directly.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Blockhouse posted:

Wait, is this seriously a thing?

I talked to a few people about this on discord before and it keeps being posted on reddit etc.
If you open a ticket about having trouble with atom shop purchases they can offer to let you just get the item if you have the atoms required. Note however that you can't pick single items from bundles etc and there will be no discounts.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

iTrust posted:

Took this advice to heart and messed things around a little bit - now I'm running Sneak Rifles (got a 5.56 Instigating Hand Made that is doing the business) and Oh poo poo I've been rumbled Shotguns (using two, actually - Crowd Control and a Vampire Combat Shotgun I picked up ages ago). Only thing I'm really struggling with is finding more Handmade Rifles so I can upgrade the Instigating one and, honestly? Ammo. Ammo is fast becoming a bit of a bottleneck but I figure I just need to find a reasonable source of Lead and Plastic and we're off to the races.

Working up to try out a Heavy Weapons PA build as well, as I have the majority of Perks for the Main Build close to being maxed out and I'm sitting on about 10,000 5mm rounds I want to eventually use.

I have noticed that my 1,200 Limit on the Personal Stash is becoming a pain to deal with, as well - is there any advice folks have on managing that?

Have you done the quest to make the Excavator PA? Use that and enter the Lucky hole mine and you'll never have lead problems again (excavator farms 4x as much from ore nodes)
Also run daily ops if you can they reward a lot of ammo.

And RE: Stash weight, its a huge issue for everyone and the only way to alleviate it really is Fallout 1st, or become one of those players who carry their junk on them with the 90% reduction perk.

Excavator PA + leg mods give a ridiculous +200 carry weight.

Edit: If you dont want to run PA, Minerva should still be around today and selling a backpack mod that reduces your food weight by 90%. that will save you perk attributes!

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Good luck, The quest regarding the excavator PA startsnear the hornwright estate so you should have been to that place already.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

iTrust posted:

Gave Expeditions a shot, think it was "From Ashes to Fire" that I did - got through everything Solo without a hassle up until the Final Boss in the Cathedral and no matter what I did that old boy was regenerating back to full Health after I'd get him down to around 50% - Reloaded and made another shot of it; same thing.

So I don't know what to make of that one. Soured me on it a fair old bit, which is a shame because prior to that I was having a great time of it.

That guy is scripted to survive the first hp bar drain to bring in some goons, after that he will die.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I had this issue too, for his first HP bar there were no damage numbers but if you checked the bar it actually went down.

Also PSA the super useful popcorn machine is available at Mortimers now for 1250 gold bullions.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yeah it's a thing also purveyor and Whitesprings resort are new fast travel points.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Grab some mutations and run. The last part of ashes requires no fighting. Just run like hell.

Edit: To elaborate, for the last part of ashes you neither need to talk to Ava Rose again nor fight anything. Just run and pick up the survivors by talking to them and go back to the vertibird.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 10, 2022

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Kacie posted:

Thanks, much appreciated.

Now I just need to not get completely turned around on the way back...

Got you covered. Basically you want to follow the circles for the survivors from the closest one, it usually brings you near to the start anyways.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Note that this is the windows store version of the game you can't mod.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

NofrikinfuN posted:

What's the best way to start picking up crafting plans in Fallout 76? All the vendors I've encountered at the stations seem to have furniture plans and a lot of mods, but not a lot of base weapon and armor types. Is there a type of mission I need to run to pick these up, or is it a matter of just coming across them in the wastes?

Whitesprings has all the weapons you can buy..generally you will get them by scrapping the guns after picking them up except for a few cases.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Roman posted:

Finally joined the Fallout 76 Bloodied crew. What's the best portable way to get radded up if needed? I've been using a toxic waste barrel in my CAMP.

Glowing blood. Stock up in rad rumble. Alternatively carry a radiation gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Havent been here in ages, so they finally killed Legacy weapons? good for them.