Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the mods i use for new vegas are project nevada (for functionality that's mostly in 4 like sprint), open strip/freeside, some minor cut content and bugfixes, and jsawyer. i'll only really miss jsawyer and honestly it might be moddable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

was someone mentioning mods that made new vegas crafting less of a pain? it was always a cool system that i never wanted to interact with

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

yeah i played it with the restored content mod and it was basically fine story wise

nothing can save the fact that it's a lovely video game adaptation of a lovely knockoff of dnd which is itself lovely

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

the mmo was kinda okay other than the endless hordes of trash mobs it insisted at throwing at you. i'd have played kotor ii more if it was merely mediocre in terms of combat

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

if you know the plot twist and you hate star wars kotor i is worthless

i think the best comparison for kotor ii is planescape because it's that but in space. its one of avellone's better works but if you don't like him you're probably not gonna be super hot on that

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

im replaying nv and looking forward to meeting caesar now that i know he's rawls from the wire

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

my weird dream fallout game is just cowboy mount and blade on the northern fringes of the ncr

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly the story of Honest Hearts is my favorite writing in the entire series, even if it isn't really a Fallout story.

to be precise, it's pretty much literally The Mission. which is good, because that movie owns

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

man i really wanted to replace kris kristofferson and rawls from the wire with some nasally modder

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yeah I never understood why I would want to be more effective against unarmored creatures. If they are unarmored, they're probably pretty weak!

c a z a d o r e s

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

I don't disagree with any of this, but most of it could be said of the first two Fallout games as well. If W2 had come out, like, 3-5 years after F2 it would probably be considered another darling of the isometric era, but 15+ years later people are gonna be a lot less forgiving of a game that doesn't have basic QoL improvements like not making entirely opaque trap skills that will screw your character over that won't be realized for several hours forcing you to restart.

the problem is that people attribute the dumb poo poo of the era to being part and parcel of the good poo poo. like i'd love an isometric turn based fallout game, just have it updated to modern conventions so it's at least as good as like xcom or poo poo, not to mention all the cool poo poo that's going down with tactical games in boardgaming. (someone please steal malifaux's poker deck resolution system so its not stuck in dumbass steampunk)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

i went to a therapist and had to explain why i started laughing at the two bears high fiving inkblot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

buglord posted:

there's no optimal ending for the followers if you go independent right? arcade gannon (what a horrible name) pushes you towards an independent ending, but the wiki mentions that going full NCR makes followers the happiest in the end?

Followers good NCR ending:

quote:

After the NCR's victory at the dam, in part thanks to Follower's medical support, NCR allowed the Followers to care for refugees as they see fit. Old Mormon Fort expanded its services and was able to aid more people, becoming a refuge for the less fortunate citizens of New Vegas.Icon sound trigger

Followers independent ending:

quote:

After the Courier ensured New Vegas remain free, the Followers found that independent Vegas was even more unstable and violent than before. Old Mormon Fort became excessively burdened by the influx of patients, struggling to provide even the most basic of services.

seems like they're doing the same thing either way, but the lack of security means they have it tougher