Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

drat, that's a lot of hours. What level are you at? I seem to be subscribed to a guy who just hit lv 8000, which blows my mind
(I'm just curious, not trying to compare you to an uber poop-socker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Aren't those dual prop drop craft in the show basically kinda the same as the things US Marines use?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Disco Pope posted:

I've kind of ignored FO76 - but that's because multiplayer experiences only tend to be as good as the biggest dickhead on the server or whatever.

I've dipped in and out of FO76 about 80 hours or so, annoyingly I started on PS5 and have had to switch to PC losing previous progress. I've played very much solo, other than the obligatory join a team (that isn't really a team) for free bonuses and I've had a great time.
I realise that maybe I'm just the biggest dickhead on the server though, welp.
I think the only time I had any actual interaction was with some high level people asking if I wanted to do a world event or something, which seemed cool of them. (I just continued looting crap from old fridges iirc)

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

I got a week trial of Fallout 1st yesterday. That might help you a wee bit while you sort it out, what with the scrap box and stuff?

I'll leave it here for others too anyway
https://bethesda.net/en/article/1OWOoa4vD02lV8zh7p2fvE/fallout-76-test-drive-fallout-1st

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

Sounds like a good thing? Unless they now expect you to explain every game in excruciating detail.

I think the issue is that the parents think that the bunkers are actually cool and good

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

Reminds them of childhood duck and cover exercises.

Thought so lol.
As an older gen-x I recall the boomers and their seemingly positive opinion of nuclear holocaust. "The world could use a good clear out" I'd heard. From a loving teacher. I guess those cheery propaganda, sorry I mean, PSA films worked.
By the time me and my friends came round in the 70s and 80s the vibe was a bit less sunny. Duck and Cover Vs Threads. No comparison really, lmao.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

The free week thing should be available to all. I did a month sub previously and was still able to get it surprising. Seems that I have the option of the first month half price which is kinda tempting. The full price is too much for me to keep it going, but being able to start and stop it is pretty good

It was on the last page, but I'll repost incase anyone missed it

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1OWOoa4vD02lV8zh7p2fvE/fallout-76-test-drive-fallout-1st

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Thought I'd give FO76 a fresh playthrough but gently caress me is it making it hard.
1- Unable to move when first loading in. Had to set the .exe to admin on the compatibility tab (obviously)
2- No sound. Had to set it to DVD/48000khz, and add some poo poo to an .ini (naturally)
3- unplayable frame drops and jitter. Lock frame rate to 120 in the NVidia control panel (of course)

I need help with this one though..

--edit- I fixed it, but I'll leave this all here in case it helps someone some time
4- Jerky/jittery frame rate/frame pacing, only when using kb/mouse. Particularly bad when simply panning left/right.
It isn't as bad as problem 3, but it isn't really playable. I could use gamepad, but I'd much much rather use kb/m

I've tried all of these, in all combinations -

Setting frame rate to 60/90/120 cap in NVCP.
Switching V-Sync off in NVCP
Adding "[Controls] and underneath it add bMouseAcceleration = 0" to the custom .ini
Mouse acceleration stuff is off in Windows already
Tried dropping settings etc. Have a 7800x3d and a 4090, so I should be fine. Mouse is a Razer 2.4Ghz job, but it is the same when connected via USB
-edit-

loving dumb stupid broken game.
I also had to add this
"iPresentInterval=0" to the falloutprefs.ini file as well as cap it in the control panel (silly old me!)
Nice and smooth now. Does appear to have some poor tearing in the bottom 1/3 of the screen, but I'll deal with that tomorrow since I'm totally over this lmao.

Gotta wonder how many less technically aware people just bounce clean off of this (and the others) though.
Even finding answers to issues is a nightmare as there is just so many issues, solutions and "solutions" that it very hard to navigate.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 23, 2024

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Entorwellian posted:

Have you tried setting "Borderless Window" to "Full Screen" in the video settings? Or vice-versa?

Yup, and restarted in between too. Not to worry the main issue is fixed. The tearing thing is more just disapointing rather than game breaking
I was trying to kid myself that I was just being overly sensitive at one point, but now that it is moving smoothly the difference is wild.
I'll see how it goes with an a actual game play session tomorrow and hopefully not be complaining again. lol.

MJBuddy posted:

Less technically aware people are not running the game at 120fps

E: and yeah, entirely learned from tooling with Fallout 4, borderless Fullscreen seems like it's better than fullscreen

Hah, yeah I actually started it at 60. 120 fixed that bit, which was surprise.
IIRC it was back to 60 when I switched it off to see if that helps with the tearing, but I'm a bit bamboozled now tbh.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 23, 2024

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

perfect page 1000 snipe lol

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Psyker posted:

I assume you're on PC - try this. https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-unlock-your-framerate-in-fallout-76/#:~:text=If%20you%20search%20for%20'iPresentInterval,and%20remove%20the%20framerate%20limiter.

Yeah, that looks like part of the rigmarole I went through the other night.
I've actually unearthed a way to supposedly enable vrr, but I'm unconvinced tbh, but I'll post it once I try.
Oh yeah, that link is kinda funny, it has the first mention of FRAPS I've seen in a long time outside the misty eyed recollections, heh.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Everywhere I saw just said until the 5th, which is why I was waiting a few days (PC)

Should have known really

quote:

memberships are on sale on Steam until April 25 and on Xbox and PlayStation until May 9

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/1OWOoa4vD02lV8zh7p2fvE/fallout-76-test-drive-fallout-1st

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

FO76 PC Steam. Load a fixes n whatnot

quote:

PC (Steam): 12.1 GB

BUG FIXES
Fixed an issue that caused Power Armor to be listed in English instead of the correct localized language
Fixed an issue where the Garrahan Mining Poster was not present at the Rusty Pick or Camden Park
Opportunity Knocking: Fixed an issue which could cause the quest to disappear after relogging.
Deep Space Alien Jetpack is now properly craftable for T51 Power Armor
Sins of the Father: Fixed an issue which would block the quest if a dialogue scene between Abbie and Antonio was exited during a specific part of the conversation.
Fixed an issue where the Cremator was not listed at Legendary Exchange Machines
Fixed an issue where the player could ask Abbie Russo a question about Vin that did not properly reflect the final outcomes of Sins of the Father.
Players who previously unlocked them should now be able to craft the Poker & BlackJack Tables
Sins of the Father: Fixed an issue which could prevent Antonio from speaking to the player.
Brahmin Flour Billboards should now be craftable and have the right materials
Rustic Helvetian Camp Kit has had the expected walls and windows added to it.
The Favorites menu hotkeys are now usable while the wheel is visible.
Fixed an issue where gold bullion vendors Regs and Smiley were not enabled for some players who completed Secrets Revealed.
Tesla Rifles will now drop correctly from the Battle Bot Event
Father Winter Helmet should now have T-45 standard Stats, Description, Weight, and Levels should be standardized now.
Fancy Revolver should now properly display its unique fancy skin
Fixed an issue where Small Presents were not dropping contextual ammo
Fixed weather stations not being able to be placed in a camp workshop located very close to a public workshop.
Fixed modern home kitchen sink not being able to snap to other modern home items on a foundation
Secrets Revealed: Fixed an issue where Meg, Gail, Ra-Ra, Johnny, and Lou could be missing from the Crater Core after the completion of the quest.
Lights now function properly on the Devils Wings Jetpack
Pollinators no longer receive the Group Heal Regeneration effect in Daily Ops
Fixed several paints that were no longer updating the dynamic name of modified Power Armor pieces.
Speculative fix for items in the Cryo-freezer randomly selling for 0 caps in the vendor.
Big Boss Advertisement Poster no longer turns into a Mothman poster when broken.
Fire Rate now shows increase/decrease arrows when comparing potential mods to what players have currently equipped.
Story Time now properly removes itself from the PipBoy if you kill Miss Nanny.
Fixed an issue with Buried Treasure not properly completing.
Players are no longer blocked from completing Honor Bound if they exit the conversation with Vin and Gene.
Scrolling the mouse-wheel down now properly shrinks selected body parts in the character generator.

QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
Added a Max option when buying from and selling to NPCs
World Activity list now sorts alphabetically
Improved behavior of the inventory scrollbar
Added a new “Ammo Per Shot” stat entry to weapons

WEAPONS
Made several adjustments to the Cremator and its mods.
Dev Note: The Cremator released with a bug that made it stronger than we intended it to be due to the way damage was calculated with its explosion. Players who had certain perks and mods on it did much higher damage than intended. We’ve fixed that bug, which has decreased the damage for that specific setup, but we made multiple tweaks and changes to buff it in different ways. Now, the Damage Over Time (DoT) should be a force to be reckoned with.

SEASONAL EVENTS
Recipes and some items dropped by these events will continue to drop after you have learned them. These items are now also tradeable to help you get all the plans you want!

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1151340/view/4169846298223192275?l=english