Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tenzarin posted:

How does the most technological place on the nuked earth have the only person in the fallout universe dying of cancer. There's people that have turned into literal zombies. They can remove peoples brains and put them into robots but one person gets cancer. They had FEV he could have been dipped.

Now that would have been interesting. Like stuff you do could have influence how you'd find Shaun. All hooked up to a life pod like House, a Robobrain, a Super Mutant, an android copy, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's weird, when you break down Fallout 4's main plot to it's bare bones (a parent trying to stop their rear end in a top hat super villain son from being a douchebag set against the backdrop of the post apocalypse) it sounds like it could actually be pretty good, but it's not.

Yeah. I would have had you find that out a lot sooner, and then main plot is the Survivor gadding about the Commonwealth finding allies and such. Maybe when you confront Kellogg he has you talk to Shaun. Something like that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

fallout 1 actually had a huge "selling armor breaks the economy" problem because enemies wearing armor lower than power armor dropped their armor, people didn't notice very much just because there aren't all that many opportunities to fight armored human enemies

Well, there's the potential fight where you rescue Tandi and can stagger back to town burdened by all that leather armor. I remember that made a tidy piece financial start-up. capital.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Twincityhacker posted:

Also Fallout 4 made me realize I also enjoy building post-apocalypse Barbie Dreamhouses. I think I dropped at least 20 hours in designing the Vault 88 area alone.

I fell down that rabbit hole when I set up the gate to the first settlement and suddenly I was making sure the guards stationed there had shade, chairs and a radio to listen to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Watching Jon of MATN play, it's a very pretty game. As colorful as I'd figure West Virginia to be. Also there's some really sad backstories floating around.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Empress Brosephine posted:

I like this game cuz it’s fallout without stupid cutscenes and boring story

Since you ignore the main quest and do whatever you want anyway, at least 76 has honest going for it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So how good is the game for me just wandering around on my own and taking in the sights of post-atomic war West Virginia?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I started a couple of days ago. The first thing I heard stepping out of the Vault was an announcement about a nuclear launch detected but I didn't even get to see a mushroom cloud. Somebody kept running behind me and swinging at me with a baseball bat or something while I was talking to the starting quest giver.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

Vanilla with just the mod that replaces the bad mass effect dialog system with the one from 3/NV is a perfectly fine way to play the game, imo.

The only mod I used was Everybody's Best Friend so I could keep Dogmeat with me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ran across a single invulnerable raider going from the Vault to Flatwoods. He was just kind of hanging out in the broken cars on the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

gradenko_2000 posted:

it's a real renaissance moment for Fallout

Excited to see other franchises scramble to have good TV shows so they can follow in the wake of Fallout and Cyberpunk. League of Legends had one too, of course, but there's not much you can do there.